15 coaches online • Server time: 02:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday i watched a match of my friend ... his opponent had a bit of bad luck, complained a lot, but didn't play that sound.

At one stage he lost a stunty member of his team after his Apo failed ( Why use your Apo on one of your non-star stunteis?) and said he already had lost 2 certain stunties and certain 2 big guys due to failed Apos. It was not that team (that had lost less than the abovementioned 4 players). His other teams could not have the certain races, 3 teams are retired ... maybe there.

Anyway ... the match went on .... and as the opponent was back 2:0 ... at the 5th turn in the second half ... he "dropped out" as he "crashed" ...and when hegot back " he could only activate and deactivate" his players but "nothing more". All things in "..." of course can't be checked and we have to rely on the information by that guy.
So, if we look on: he has a winning ration of 88%. Lost 2 matches. Was incredibly cherry-picking in his matches.

My friend asked the admins what to do and they said "leave it".

Has anyone else ever had the feeling that an opponent who couldn't win just dropped out with cheap excuses?
Is it possible to make a statistic on that? If people always drop out when they can't possibly turn the match, but rarely else ... this would be a very nice indication which could be marked somehow.

Or is the only way to deal with it to just keep that name on the list of "never agains" ? That would suck, as he then got away with it, will always get away with it, and betrays the whole concept of ranked matches.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant see any way to prevent it without removing the freedom of this great league. It's a shame that winning is so important to some poor fellows with little else in their lives.... casualties are MUCH more important.
And besides, doesn't everyone realise that if they want to improve their records, they can just play me!

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It happens very rarely

People can be very bad losers here of course. But the vast majority of of those players that curse at you and are rude and disrespectful DO finish their games.
heinz

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the procedure described in the rules, if necessary the support ticket system. If the coach is a regular dropper, repported several times chances are admins will react. Your own assumptions based on observations about winning % etc. dosnt really prove anything.
Personally I've never encountered a true "dropper" on fumbbl. Once or twice an opponent has disconnected at a "convenient" time, but as I've always managed to make contact and finish the game in a fair way these incidents were probably regular disconnections.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem was he was "all nice and whining" that he couldn't get back in... nothing rude etc.
If you want to be a regular dropper, i guess that is the best strategy to be ...

My friend followed the rules, and the game is dropped.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, just bother people more. I had an opponent that was a dropper. I never got my win but I manage to got him out. Bye Dangerman (ps: don't mistake him for Danger Dan) !

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a dropper once, I was winning something like 3 - 0, I had the ball, about to score. Would have skilled 2-3 gutter runners at least, and then he dropped. Never came back...

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I see other tactic for keeping the winning percentage high.

It's simple easy. If something goes wrong with a team in some of its very first games and its coach sees that the team would probably lose next few games then the team is retired. This way only the well developed teams with higher chance to win are coached by such a 'high win percentage' coach.

That's why I am quite suspicious when I see a coach with much more (I have seen ones with even 3-5 times more) retired teams than active ones.
A good coach adds some role-playing and rebuilds his teams.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, i palyed one of those once ..... As soon as he lost the ball he whined about he will concede and then retire the team. I convinced him not to as it would be bad sport ... only to lose that match ...stupid me Smile
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm... If your team is down to, say, 9 players, and you KNOW that it will lose next 2-3 games, possibly lose more games, why not just make a new team? I don't see it as a tactic to keep the winning percentage high, it's just funnier to play an even match compared to a match you can't win.

(Besides, I think that's why there are more skaven teams than any other teams.)

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Play.

The opponent drops.

You wait 15 mins.

You PM him a couple times and wait 24 hours.
If he doesn't connect, doesn't reply, or plays another game with the team, you fill a support ticket and he gets banned.

As simple as that.

ps: I played 800 games here and didn't meet a single dropper...
ps2: cheating in stunty... how lame is that?

oh, and...
ps3: Don't assume all disconnections are due to droppers. Disconnections DO happen to normal people too.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Hey!

I play cheaters in stunty and I cheat all the time! Don't go flaming the cheaters!

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

Hey!

I play cheaters in stunty and I cheat all the time! Don't go flaming the cheaters!

Shut up you spammer!

wow... this feels SOOO good!
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys ...
As i said: he replied , he even reconnected, but "still had severe problems". The only thing that might have been something to "get him" would have been to wait for him to play other matches.
DaGhuty

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I almost were blamed to be dropper once Sad My net crashed in the midle of a match due to thunder storm and started working lot later. Luckily my net started working just when the oppo was about to let the admins ban me. It would have really sucked ass to be banned because of that. So after that I have let my oppos know if there is even small chance that my net can crash and hope that every one would do this to avoid missunderstandings. I think that there's more accidental droppers that those who do this on purpose. Just wait calmly but if u don't get an anwser... Well I'd burn them.... slowly. Cause they ruin everyones (MINE!!! Evil or Very Mad ) reputation making everyone cautious spoiling the fun game. Banning is not enough strong punishment for those guys but quess there's nothing we can do about that Confused
 Jump to: