88 coaches online • Server time: 20:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have too many teams and I was curious how some of you decide what teams you retire or when to retire them. I realize that everyone will have a different decision on how to do this, but I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter. I would like general advice, rather than "retire those elves, or fire your nigglers" etc.

Last edited by celas on %b %22, %2005 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire those Nigglers. That's about it. Or your legends when the rest of the team are rookies.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Advice for retiring teams please, not players. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're bored with a team, then you retire them.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I never retire. Why? You can change a team always, and I like a long team history, when it grows and you have good but also bad times with it.
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I had 15 U teams (now 14). You cannot join some tournaments with established teams. So I do need to retire some. And Div X is dead (but I still have a super Ogre on one of my teams).

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost impossible to answer...I almost never retire teams. If so I start with the ones that are the worst off of course...and then if I have repeat races I get rid of the one that isn't neded. With you I would say get rid of the 4x4 ones...abominations! Wink

But all up I think many people retire too soon...but to each his own. I am a Arizona Cardinals fan...hence why I stick by my teams...even when they almost never win! Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont wanna atm retire one of my ranked teams... but im lookin with one eye on my necromancer team that maybe has no nigglers, but either has no werewolves left... and not even half of the money to replace one.... so if i decide to start a new team and i'm sure i will sooner or later try something new, it will be this team, that will be retired...

the last team i retired was a khemri team... it had a real good start, but its lag of ag+, tackle and also the -ma on two of the mummys had made them unplayable after a time....

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %23, %2005 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've retired a fair number of teams, almost entirely out of boredom with a team. In a couple instances of low-av, high-cost teams (read: woodies, couple skaven, amazon) I might retire when they have more injuries than skills, but then my Weapon Master skaven have lasted 210+ games now, having seen as many as 16 and as few as 4 players, but always coming back for more. Team history can go a long way towards making a team fun to continue...

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I only retire a team when I want to try a new team and there is no room. Then I retire one of the teams I have stopped playing because I grew tired of it. Don't know how I will do when all teams are of races I like to play. Just have 3 teams I'm playing atm so won't have any trouble for a while.
Took a while to decide to retire my 230 TR necro team...
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Celas - my suggestion - pick 2 teams that you are considering retiring. Then start accepting matches with violent opponents that scare you. Usually one of 2 things happen. Either that team wins some great matches and you decide you really dont want to retire them, or they get mangled and you put them out of their misery.

Either way, the decision is made easier.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried Mully's idea with a team of skaven, except I did not play scary teams....that may be the way to go.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

When I get bored of it
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

When you get bored of them, or when you decide they're just not worth the effort to rebuild.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

When I'm bored with them.