33 coaches online • Server time: 18:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the best second double for this DE liner?
Give him dauntless
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
No jump-up (liners need to get on their feet ASAP!)
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
MB all the way!!!
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
other (specifie below)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 47

El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I'm doubting. My blodger guard liner roled another double. Too bad because I was going to take side-step. the team

But on the other hand I can give him dauntless (no one has it on the team yet) or jump-up (because he is hit all the time)

What are you're experiences?

Of course I could give him MB but I think the other skills are more usefull.

I'm tending toward jump-up but my first thought was dauntless (after a game vs Ogres Wink) Also note: this teams plays E.L.F. so they will face any team. This makes me tend towards dauntless to give me an edge vs the stronger ones.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless & jump-up are both nice.

I went with jump up for mine - I decided that I didn't want my elf with guard facing up to big-guys all the time .. though he still ends up there often enough Wink

I haven't had one with guard & dauntless though.

El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Whell I flipped coin to decide and he became dauntless. Probably this will mean injuries for Lou Reed but he doesn't care because he is dauntless.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well, with block & dodge, he shouldn't get knocked down *too* much -- just try not to face him up against ST4+ players that have tackle (if you can help it) Very Happy

macike

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Personaly I would go for Jump up. After you made your mind I would plan Multiple Block for next double.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In cases like this, why not go ahead and pick the skill that will make the best player even if that means waiving a double?
Side step would have been best, I think. Dauntless is ok.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, you are not one of the patient kind, are you?
Only after 45 mins and one posted answer you decided what skill to pick.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well, I had taken Dauntless as well, I think.
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say he is very patient. 90% of turns take 4-7 mins. 50% of turns take over 5½ mins. In boring run-of-the-mill situations. Setting up players 5 mins.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, don't make these kinds of threads unless you are gonna wait at least 24h with the pick.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice zerkalo, managed to get a little flaming into a nice and friendly thread. /me applauds. Oh well..i dislike monday mornings too.

I would have chosen MB i think, but dauntless is probably wiser. Smile

M

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well sorry guys I didn't wait to pick the skill, but I don't like to keep my PC running all night.

And yez indeed Zerkalo I'm quite patient Very Happy but on this matter I am more interested on other peoples experiences because I never had two doubles on liner before. My first though was dauntless and I think it give me the punch I am missing at the moment vs strength teams.

@ Webbe: What do you do if you open a skill thread? Just leave the skill roll open for a couple of days?

My thoughts on jump-up where: indeed vs speedy teams it is the best skill but agains strength teams I guess it won't matter that much as he can't block the stronger players anyway. So I think it would be great to blitz him into situation where he can lends the guard assist which helps to break up a whole.

On the other hand I think statiscally jump-up is a skill that will be more overall.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

El Jairo:
There is no need to keep the browser open. The skill rolls are stored on the FUMBBL server, so you can come back in a day or even a week and actually pick the skill Wink

if it didn't do that, people would just close it & try again until they got what they wanted Razz

Curro

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m with Webbe. If you open a thread like this, wait at least a day. Let people read it before you take your decission. If you prefer a fast decission over an elaborated one, you can ask on chat...

On the topic: I´d say Mighty Blow.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
El Jairo:
There is no need to keep the browser open. The skill rolls are stored on the FUMBBL server, so you can come back in a day or even a week and actually pick the skill Wink

if it didn't do that, people would just close it & try again until they got what they wanted Razz

Ooooh! That'd be awesome! "Dang, my Star just aged a niggle! Wait... I can just try again."

Razz
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thanx Laviak, now I know I can go to sleep without worrying my skill is gone if I don't take it right away Very Happy

And ideed how stupid of me not to think that not everybody is that honest to not exploit errors in the system.

A whole new world is opening up to me. Laughing
 Jump to: