38 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jurassic-Monkey

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My Lineman got his second double skill, no stat increase roll, he already has guard, what next?

A few I'm thinking of, Dauntless to take on big guys, Leader to take the teams rerolls up to 6, Mighty blow to deal a bit more damage, Stand Firm as I like to run the cage, Diving Tackle and make him a ball carrier chaser although I'm not too sure of this.

Its just a shame he hasn't got block yet Smile

Here is the player: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2699992

Here is the team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=231594

Many thanks in advance for any advice given!
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck in trying Stand Firm... Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him stand firm or dodge depending on wether you want him to keep standing or keep the square.

Further more I´d kick the thrower and buy a new one. Even with strong arm he is a liability since you only have one and only got one catcher.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd agree with Alanir... sidestep and guard is really annoying

Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SF is a trait, therefore not an option. I say MB. Dodge wouldn't be bad, as he can take more L.O.S. hits, but I tend to play my humans towards the bashy end of the scale...

Well, side step is actually pretty good. And diving tackle just is a great skill. And MB is good too. SF would own, but sadly he can't get it.

I'd say SS/DT/MB. First 2 are defensive and the third is a strategic skill, but it's really your decision.

Standfirm is right out, as that's a strength trait and a lineman can't get that. I wouldn't take leader either, as that's a wasted double: In a short running league, you need every reroll you can get, so leader is a good choice for a double. However, in this open format, you're better off simply throwing cash at the problem and buying the 6th reroll and use the precious double for something else.

Now, with these two choices out, I personally would pick Mighty Blow.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, I'd go with Diving Tackle... perhaps not overly useful, but downright scary for the dodgers...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd actually say Dauntless. Humans usually end up struggling against teams that have players with more than 3 in average strength. With Guard he'll be in the middle of the action and able to actually go toe to toe with those BOBs, Sauri, CWs, Bull Centaurs and Big Guys.
Jurassic-Monkey

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice so far.

My mistake about SF, so bin that idea Smile

And the thrower is getting the high road as soon as I can pick a skill. Onething I have learnt is to bin the nigglers.

So far I'm leaning towards dauntless, but thanks for the side step suggestion, hadn't thought of that, and yes it would be incrediably frustrating Smile
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You fooled me by writeing that you though about grabbing SF so I asumed you could Smile

But seriously guard+dodge on a lineman is very good since he won´t be brought to the ground as easily as otherwise.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO Dauntless and S.Step are the best options.
If he had Block already I would go for Dauntless. Without it I'd rather take S.Step as there would be 5/9 chance of Knock Down in case of 2d Block following the failed D-less roll. S.Step will help him to avoid being blocked too many times per round.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Your ogre already has mb and your blitzers can get it on normal skill rolls. There are better skills out there then a sixth mb.
Dauntless is nice, but save it for your catchers instead.
Diving tackle on players without side step or stand firm is seldom useful.
Side step is nice.
I think I would give him dodge.
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with sidestep.
Although diving tackle is a very good skill i think it combines it'd be just as good on another player, preferably one with tackle. Sidestep and guard is a nice combination, and with block and dodge if you can, he'll be a real pain.
 Jump to: