22 coaches online • Server time: 02:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lobocamaleon

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi
Kind of new to this. Now I find myself with 220000 in cash to buy things. However, I have 14 orcs already, 4 blitzers and 4 black-orcs. What would you recommend me to do? RR, extra passer, troll? Or not buy anything right now - then, if any of my blitzer/black-orc get killed or niggled I can buy a new right away?
lobocamaleon

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=274518 is the link to the team...
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would buy a reroll (but no more than 6 rerolls) and then save for the troll. After that get a goblin for a one turner and once a lineman dies, you can buy the 2nd thrower.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a Troll and Goblin are always handy for that last turn TTM Td attempt.

If you get the Goblin and Troll though, odds are you will never need all those lineman...
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the MB players, and buy new ones. It's good for your team

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Save up a million, then fire everybody and buy a new team.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
I would buy a reroll (but no more than 6 rerolls) and then save for the troll. After that get a goblin for a one turner and once a lineman dies, you can buy the 2nd thrower.
What he said but buy the troll first.
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

If you get the Goblin and Troll though, odds are you will never need all those lineman...

Yeah, I totally agree! (check my signature... ehehe) Very Happy
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

give it to me , im skint and only have 9 players left

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy troll + goblin, fire two linemen..
Voorn

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a thrower and a troll. save for a last reroll, but like already been said, no more then 6 really needed.
I'm not a fan of throwing goblins. Them actually working is one in a million and pretty much only for entertainment purposes. So I dont use gobbos in my orc team at all.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
shagga

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have scored a couple of TTM TD's on my orc team so I consider them quite valuable in desperate scenarios. He only costs 6 TR and yet gives you an opportunity to win games, you can laways give him dp too if you get doubles on a skill so he has other qualities.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

Yeah, I totally agree! (check my signature... ehehe) Very Happy

buy a reroll and a goblin... when you have enough money buy a troll....
you can also consider retiring the skillless lineorc...

the blockguys may not be great at all but everyone who has block is worth keeping as long ther're no handicaps...
the mighty blow blitzers are great....
Voorn

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2006 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A gobbo dp can be handy indeed but still not what I would choose first. A second thrower can really help when on offence as it removes a lot of the problems the kick skill can cause when other team makes use of it. The troll can come in real handy as a regenerating roadblock up the middle. I wouldnt lose the extra linmen to make room though unless you lose the non/block one. Block is always good and even orcs need a second string of players. With the second string being skilled up, you arent really losing a super ammount of team strength when puting replacements in. It makes your team more well rounded which comes in handy. After all look at those teams with a few super skilled players and a bunch of nonskilled replacements. thier team is crippled when the super skilled player is removed. It also makes for foul target choosing on your opponant's part harder.

Regardless, everyone has different opinions and styles of play. The one that is important here is YOURS. What works for one of us will not nessessarily work for you. Consider your own style and tastes and go with your gut feeling. After all, even if its wrong, it isnt as though you can fix it over time or make different decisions later. Whatever you do, good luck. Very Happy

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
 Jump to: