49 coaches online • Server time: 17:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Throughout: Humans, Vampires, unproven

<b>The Living</b>
kemimutt
Slick
Tophat

<b>The Dead</b>
atter0520: drained by Vampires
Borgen: drained by Vampires
Dalrok: burned at the stake
Erazz: burned at the stake
Fama: drained by Vampires
Glimmervoid: burned at the stake
Malthor: drained by Vampires
MrB: drained by Vampires
Mr_Foulscumm: drained by Vampires
PeteW: burned at the stake
Plorg500: drained by Vampires
Prinz: burned at the stake
Simsa: burned at the stake
WiNG: burned at the stake

<b>The Votes</b>
atter0520: WiNG --> Prinz --> no vote --> no vote --> [RIP]
Borgen: Plorg500 --> [RIP]
Dalrok: Plorg500 --> Prinz --> Slick --> no vote --> Simsa --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid
Erazz: atter0520 --> Prinz --> atter0520 --> Slick --> Simsa --> MrB --> [RIP]
Fama: WiNG --> no vote --> no vote --> PeteW --> Simsa --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid
Glimmervoid: WiNG --> Prinz --> atter0520 --> PeteW --> Simsa --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid --> [RIP]
kemimutt: no vote --> Prinz --> Simsa --> PeteW --> Dalrok --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid --> Dalrok
Malthor: [RIP]
MrB: WiNG --> Prinz --> atter0520 --> PeteW --> Dalrok --> Erazz --> [RIP]
Mr_Foulscumm: no vote --> no vote --> no vote --> no vote --> Simsa --> [RIP]
PeteW: Prinz --> Prinz --> kemimutt --> no vote --> [RIP]
Plorg500: no vote --> no vote --> kemimutt --> [RIP]
Prinz: no vote --> no vote --> [RIP]
Simsa: WiNG --> Simsa --> no vote --> PeteW --> no vote --> [RIP]
Slick: WiNG --> Prinz --> Slick --> PeteW --> no vote --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid --> Dalrok
Tophat: WiNG --> Prinz --> no vote --> PeteW --> Simsa --> Erazz --> Glimmervoid --> Dalrok
WiNG: WiNG --> [RIP]

[NB - I will only list <i>final</i> votes here. If you want to keep track of how players have switched their votes during a day, a player will have to record it.]

<b>The Story So Far …</b>

Night 1: Malthor was killed by Vampires
Day 1: WiNG was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 2: Borgen was killed by Vampires
Day 2: Prinz was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 3: Mr_Foulscumm was saved by the Healer after an attack by Vampires
Day 3: Nothing happened
Night 4: Plorg500 was killed by Vampires
Day 4: PeteW was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 5: atter0520 was killed by Vampires
Day 5: Simsa was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 6: Mr_Foulscumm was killed by Vampires
Day 6: Erazz was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 7: MrB was killed by Vampire(s)
Day 7: Glimmervoid was burned at the stake by the mob
Night 8: Fama was killed by a Vampire
Day 8: Dalrok was burned at the stake by the mob
The Innocents won!

<b>The Roles</b>

<i>The Forces of Evil</i>

1 Master Vampire
3 Vampires
1 Sorcerer

<i>The Innocents</i>

1 Seer
1 Healer
1 Hunter
1 Medium
9 Villagers

[+1 non-person (subtract one role)]

Last edited by pac on %b %04, %2006 - %19:%Aug; edited 49 times in total
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>The Rules</b>

An evil clan of Vampires seeks to drain the blood of every honest man in the village! Only clear thought and discipline can possibly save the villagers from this terrible fate!

Each day, all the players get to discuss who should be burned at the stake that day at sunset [1900 bb time]. When a player wants to vote, he should type '<b>Vote <player></b> in bold type in his post. A player may subsequently change his vote. To do this, he should type '<b>Unvote <previous vote> - Vote <new vote></b> in a new post.

The player with the highest number of votes will be burned at the appointed time. In the event that the votes are tied between two or more different players, <i>or that the vote to abstain</i> (ie, no vote) <i>is as high as any other vote</i>, no player will be burned that day.

Posts with votes in must not be edited! If they are, that player is allowed no vote that day or the next day.

<b>The Forces of Evil</b>

The Forces of Evil win if all the <i>Innocents</i> are dead.

<i>The Vampires</i> (including one Master Vampire)

1. The Vampires start with the information that one another are also Vampires.

2. They are allowed to discuss the game outside the main thread with each other, but not with any other player(s). However, they are only allowed to do this at <i>night</i>, where night is defined as the time between the burning and the Vampires' feeding time (1900 to 0000). In the case of site PMs between Vampries, these may be <i>read</i> at any time, but only <i>sent</i> in this night-time window.

3. Each night (at midnight [0000 bb time]) blood lust overcomes the Vampires and they <i>must</i> feed on one of the non-Vampire players. Before midnight, the Vampires should agree on a target and PM me with the information. If I get conflicting messages from the Vampires, I will accept the target given by the Master Vampire. If I get conflicting messages and <i>no</i> message from the Master Vampire, then the Vampires will attack a human selected at random. If the Master Vampire dies, a new Vampire will be selected at random to take his mantle.

4. A myth about vampires is that they cannot tolerate sunlight. These ones (at least) can!

<i>The Sorcerer</i>

The Sorcerer is an evil wizard who sides with the Vampires.

1. Like the Seer, each night, the Sorcerer may request (from me by PM) to know the identity (role) of one other player.

2. In all other respects (except his victory conditions), the Sorcerer is just like a villager. He may not communicate with anyone outside the main thread, including (especially!) the Vampires if and when he identifies them.

<b>The Innocents</b>

The Innocents win if all the <i>Vampires</i> are dead. (They need not kill the Sorcerer.)

<i>The Villagers</i>

1. The villagers have no special powers. They may only discuss the game in the main thread.

<i>The Seer</i>

The Seer is a fortune-teller who can use his arts to discern the identity of others.

1. Like the Sorcerer, each night, the Seer may request (from me by PM) to know the identity (role) of one other player. In all other respects, the Seer is just like a villager.

<i>The Healer</i>

The Healer is blessed with mystical powers, which can save someone mortally wounded by Vampires from death. However, the Healer needs to keep close to whoever he wants to protect, as he must act quickly to have any chance of saving them!

1. Each night, the Healer may PM me to nominate one other player who he wants to protect from the Vampires. If the Vampires attack that player, he will survive. If the Healer does not nominate a target before midnight, he is assumed not to be protecting anyone.

2. If a Vampire attack is thwarted by the Healer, the identity of the player who was attacked will be revealed in the main thread, as he is found badly wounded but alive by the other players in the morning. However, the victim will not have learned the identity of the Healer, or any of the Vampires, nor will the Healer have learned who the Vampires are, or the Vampires the Healer.

3. The Healer may <i>not</i> protect himself. (No 'Physician, heal thyself!' allowed! Wink)

4. In all other respects, the Healer is just like a villager.

<i>The Hunter</i>

The Hunter has encountered Vampires before, and knows their weaknesses. He is confident that he can defeat a lone Vampire if attacked by one, but knows that he would be as helpless as any villager if attacked by more than one.

1. If the Hunter is attacked by a lone Vampire, instead of it killing him, he kills it. In all other respects, the Hunter is just like a villager.

<i>The Medium</i>

The Medium possesses the ability to communicate with those who have passed to <i>the other side!</i>

1. The Medium is allowed to discuss the game with any players who have died. Those players may tell the Medium their identity, and discuss their theories with him freely. The Medium is allowed to talk to dead Vampires, but of course what they say is much less reliable! In all other respects, the Medium is just like a villager.

<b>The Dead</b>

This section covers every player who has left the game due to being burnt at the stake or killed by Vampires, whatever their role was while they were alive.

1. When a player dies, it is revealed whether they were a Vampire or a human. All non-Vampire roles (including the Sorcerer!) come up as human. (This means that the Medium should be warned that a known dead human he is talking to could still be the Sorcerer!)

2. Once killed, a player should not discuss theories about the game with any live players in any forum thread or in IRC. They are allowed to make 'Yay!' and 'I hope we win'-type comments, but not much more than that. The dead are allowed to discuss the game privately with one another, however.

3. The one exception to Rule 2 is that the Medium may talk to dead players, as described above (I will PM the dead and tell them who the Medium is). However, the dead should never <i>initiate</i> a conversation with the Medium: the Medium must always be the one to start any conversation.

(Note: If you want a clarification of the rules once the game is underway and roles have been assigned, <i>PM me</i> to ask it (don't post!). I will then post the clarification. It has been pointed out that in past games at least one player may have helped give themselves away by posting a rules clarification query openly.)
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Fourthburg was the most prosperous village in Fumbblania. While the rest of the country suffered from the dreaded curse of the <b>Werewolf</b>, in Fourthburg legs remained safely unchewed on, and lamp-posts unmolested. Merchants visiting the province would prefer to travel to Fourthburg's famous market rather than risk their lives to the lynch mobs and wolf packs of the other villages.

Yet recently, this prosperity looks to be under threat. Has a curse of its own come upon Fourthburg? Strange shadows move swiftly in the dead of night, and the villagers grow superstitious and bolt their doors - little good though it may do them. Livestock is found <b>drained entirely of blood</b>, and folk whisper that soon whatever is responsible will tire of feeding on cattle, and will turn to more tender prey ...

The people flock to hear the counsel of their village's wisest inhabitant, an ancient crone, whose mind has accrued so much knowledge and wisdom over the years, that she has forgotten her own name.

'It is not Werewolves that have come to Fourthburg,' she croaks, 'but Vampires!' There is a shocked hush at her words, followed by excited murmuring: 'Did she say Vampires?' 'No, she said <b>not</b> Vampires.' 'No, no: it's <b>Werevampires</b> we have to worry about!' Eventually the old witch hoarsely calls for hush.

'The Vampire is a terrible creature,' she explains. 'By day, they walk like men. They can endure the heat of the sun, and the touch of silver, and cannot be distinguished from an honest human. I fear that as many as <b>four</b> of them could be amongst us at this very moment! By night each has the strength of ten, can move faster than thought, and can ensorcel the mind so that a victim stands paralysed even as he is drained of blood!'

The villagers are silent now. A sense of impending doom has come over them. 'And yet,' she continues, 'a Vampire <b>can</b> be killed! At the very moment of sunset, he must be tied to a stake and burned on a fire. As the sun goes down his true form will be revealed, and his soul sent to his master in Hell!

'However, unfortunately being burned at the stake will also kill any innocent upon whom suspicion may fall. But, there is a way to distinguish a Vampire from a man! Yes, indeed, a simple, reliable way. A secret known only to those who have studied as hard as I but, once known, so easy to carry out! Shall I tell it to you?'

'Yes, tell us!' cry the villagers.

'Very well. It is really so very simple. To recognise a Vampire - and, you will laugh when I tell you, truly! To find out whether someone is a Vampire, all you have to do is ...'

Suddenly the old, nameless crone coughs, croaks, splutters, gurgles, and then keels over. 'We can recognise a Vampire by coughing on them and then falling over?' one villager asks, before it is realised that she has dropped dead.

There are no obvious signs of foul play, and she was a very old woman. But perhaps some evil force other than just the Vampires is at work in this village? Someone suggests that the crone's body should be burned just in case <b>she</b> was a Vampire, and everyone agrees that this is a good idea.

Her shrunken, dried-up body burns very easily on the pyre, but there is no shrieking of a damned soul being drawn into hell, just a crackle as an old woman's body burns.

Perhaps the Vampires will not strike tonight. Perhaps they will continue to be happy to feast on cows, goats and the occasional house cat. Or perhaps the village of Fourthburg faces the greatest threat in its history ...</i>

(Edit: Any improvement?)

Last edited by pac on %b %27, %2006 - %21:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
Slick

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still in!

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill go in Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in.
WiNG

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

WiNG stands by with a rope perfectly designed to hang people as well as an invention of his, denominated WiNG fire cocktail
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Freak always has had a phobia of fire, but still it was not as bad as having your very life force sucked from you. Nervously he waited.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! I'm in! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in, please!
Simsa

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Simsa uses his knife to sharpen a lot of pointy sticks
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i confirm my existance!!!!!!!
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI: I can only accept <i>two</i> more players (in addition to Tophat) who are <i>not</i> on the list in the other thread.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

im in

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Im also in
 Jump to: