15 coaches online • Server time: 04:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Well should we go to a quasi lrb4.5 version
yes
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 40 ]
tophat your a genius , but still no this idea is dumb
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
tophat your a genius , have a macavity pie
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
macavity or pie? , we could do a poll
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
whats a quasi ?
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 72

Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just a wondering what people think about adding in some sense to lrb4 now that we arent lrb complaint here at fumbbl anymore .

My first target would be the TR , we should probably replace it with Team Strength . At least that is reasonably balanced (although it needs a little reworking so that orcs, ogres ,halflings and goblin teams are balanced )for the purposes of working out handicaps etc .

We should change werewolves to have regen rather than catch ( who ever thought of catch being an obvious werewolf skill ?)

Add an apothecary to the Nurgle roster ,beast and rotters forbidden to use it in a similiar vain to vampires teams ruling .

For me theres no point hanging onto lrb complaince if we are already out of date .

Last edited by Tophat on %b %25, %2006 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should do LRB5 OR LRB4... not a mix... that makes it more difficult if you ask me...
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that catch was obvious for werewolves
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
I thought that catch was obvious for werewolves

is it a dog reference ....damn i think i may of just got it ....
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should go to BB 1 ... I want Cardboard figures back.

Or at a pinch BB 2 ... a come back for the Slann and random Skill rolls !

Hmm, Magic too, let's have those spellcasting Dark Elves back at what they do best.
altus_bellator

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think fumbbl moving to LRB5 compliance would require a complete rewrite of the client, site, and every coach/roster on fumbbl. Even having a division that is LRB5 only, would require such a huge amount of time and work to rewrite the client that I don't think you'll see it happen. If it does happen, it certainly won't be in the near future.

Personally, I am one of those coaches who fear change. I am very happy with LRB4 and think the majority of 5 has really over complicated things.

The complete rewrite wasn't necessary, minor tweaks (Age and some slight roster work) would have been much much more appropriate. Then again, I get my expertise sitting in my moms basement downloading cult movie scripts. Embarassed
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously and calmly:

It is idiotic to stick to pure LRB4 on principle.

There should be a Divison where fumbbl specific rules are applied.

First of all there are already some differences to the exact letter of the book, let alone from playing using Java Blood Bowl.
Secondly there are some specific issues that could be adressed relatively precisely.

Team Rating, Team Strength, Team Value is on the very top of that. The better the tools that are availible to work out handicaps and judge matchups the more fun the matches are going to be. And that would be a good thing, especially if you think about it might hel ease the ever present cherrypicking situation a little in both ways.

The big problem is of course opening the pandoras box, having so many house rules that are at worst not accepted by some so the division dies because everybody says bah, im gonna play the "official" thing.

The New Nigglin Injuries and the Team Value System would be increddible improvement though.

Important would be to be real careful and take it slow with adding house rules.

All in all there would be 3 Divisions, LRB4, 4.5, and 5 and that might be the next issue i might have to make a stand and buy one of the servers then since i cried the loudest for it...
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Strength replacing TR is a bad idea - suddenly my ogre team is 120 instead of 160 (even if a goblin and an Ogre is missing it's still rather radical). In fact all the teams that don't follow conventional team building such as Vampires, Ogres and stunties would face radical changes in their values - values that are not valid. Orcs might not suffer from the same symptoms but they are undervalued in TS as well - probably a general problem with AV 9 teams.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the thing that bugs me with lrb5 is that because of it we will either eventually catch up "hurrah" or we will forever me stuck in the dogpoop that floats at the bottom of lrb4 .
Stupid TR system being the main problem which was nicely sorted out in lrb5 . If they had just stopped there called it lrb5 then worked all the other stuff (which I dont think is that bad ) into a lrb6 we could at least of had a game where stupid handicaps can decide a game before it has begun .

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Team Strength replacing TR is a bad idea - suddenly my ogre team is 120 instead of 160 (even if a goblin and an Ogre is missing it's still rather radical). In fact all the teams that don't follow conventional team building such as Vampires, Ogres and stunties would face radical changes in their values - values that are not valid. Orcs might not suffer from the same symptoms but they are undervalued in TS as well - probably a general problem with AV 9 teams.

Yeah i made note of this in my original post , a problem easily solved by increasing the cost of av9/10 in team str calculations.
And also making some adjustments for roster depth .
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Seriously and calmly:

I have been waiting for this.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE CRIED WOLF SILLY BOY! Now your sheep have been eaten. The only part of what you said that I read is "Seriously and Calmly", I hope everyone else did the same.

@Tophat: I am pretty sure that change is in the works, a half ass change should not happen. I would rather see a complete change then a "partial" one. Change may take some time. I just hope that there are no grandfathered teams.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that with a half-change someone needs to be the arbiter of what is a good change. While I disliked most of the changes from LRB3 to LRB4, I do respect official clarification and am of the opinion that only official clarifications should be incorporated by larger groups (i.e. not a tiny private league that consists of a bunch of friends who have known each other for years - those leagues can and should do houserules).

Last edited by Optihut on %b %25, %2006 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

All in all there would be 3 Divisions, LRB4, 4.5, and 5 and that might be the next issue i might have to make a stand and buy one of the servers then since i cried the loudest for it...

Erm... just pointing out... but who do you want to do all the rewriting? Do you want them to rewrite it twice? I'm happy with whatever they do, this version has done fine up to now, and any changes will be very interesting and fun to play with.

P.S. Meech, I did read his post, but also groaned as soon as I saw it. Is this the stage before completely ignoring it?
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggested this so often, i might as well do it again:

Team Value is already implemented on FUMBBL.
So a house ruled Team RATING formular would be: TV/10=TR.
That would be so damn simple and so damn good. Handicaps finally would work this way.
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
I suggested this so often, i might as well do it again:

Team Value is already implemented on FUMBBL.
So a house ruled Team RATING formular would be: TV/10=TR.
That would be so damn simple and so damn good. Handicaps finally would work this way.

Silly BigMac, we won't believe you this time

There is no Wolf people, just a little boy looking for attention.

@Panda: Yes, yes it is.