38 coaches online • Server time: 12:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Searched the forums and Bugzilla for anything on this... Found nothing, so here goes.

When using Throw Team-Mate in Very Sunny weather, the java applet subtracts 1 from the pass roll.

Quote:
Select an action for 'Ripper' Bolgrot
Normal move selected.
Throw Team-Mate selected.
Increased range band because of THROW TEAM-MATE.
LONG PASS
PASS BEFORE RE_ROLL: 'Ripper' Bolgrot fumbled the player!
TARGET: 6 --- ROLL: 3 + -1Lp + -1Sun = 1
Team re-roll used.
PASS FINAL RESULT: 'Ripper' Bolgrot
TARGET: 6 --- ROLL: 5 + -1Lp + -1Sun = 3
Scatter roll: 3
Scatter roll: 1
Scatter roll: 7
Move ended for 'Ripper' Bolgrot
LANDING FINAL RESULT: Banzai!
TARGET: 4
ROLL: 5

However, the LRB says the following:

Quote:
Very Sunny: A glorious day, but the blinding sunshine causes a -1 modifier on all attempts to pass the ball

The same ruling as for Accurate, Foul Appearance and Nerves of Steel would thus apply to Very Sunny weather, i.e. it shouldn't affect Throw Team-Mate, as a Stunty isn't a ball (though the TTM rules explicitly mention Accurate cannot be used).

As far as I know when the LRB mentions "the ball" it really, really means it. Would like some comments before I dump it into the Bugzilla though.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hrmpf... difficult to decide... the way you (and the LRB) state it above very sunny shouldn´t affect TTM. But my opinion differs anyway, cause I think a player with the TTM racial ability handels a right stuff players as a ball (I know that it is stated otherwise). So IMO very sunny should affect the TTM action. But also should FA and accurate (and strong arm, if it were available for TTM players) affect the action. I guess the rules are not very accurate here.

Sorry, I´m no help here.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In your interpretation Accurate would still not work, as the TTM rules explicitly state you can't use Accurate. All the other skills, however, aren't very clear cases.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the thing is, its kinda like blizzard and ttm (or blizzard and strong arm). the weather itself affects your visibility. so i would rule that sunny SHOULD affect ttms as does blizzard. i would rule FA should affect it as well, and maybe even affect the landing too.

slackman42
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
In your interpretation Accurate would still not work, as the TTM rules explicitly state you can't use Accurate. All the other skills, however, aren't very clear cases.

As I said my opinion differs from the LRB (including the TTM rule). I know very well that accurate is only for passing the ball, not for tossing right stuffed fluffy things Wink.

Only a personal opinion Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You is different to the LRB, isn't it. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
You is different to the LRB, isn't it. Wink

damn my cloaking device failed me again! Yes my posts clearly ARE against the LRB ruleset, unofficial, illogical and dumb Surprised

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, what about making your own game then? Wink <-- serious btw.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, the LRB very clearly says that some things affect a pass action, and some affect passing the ball. It very clearly seperates these two in the way certain things are worded. This is because a pass action is not always the same as passing the ball, and thus the same rules do not apply. Email skijunkie, he fixed FA to not affect TTM for exactly this reason, as well as another thing or two related to this that doesn't come to mind, this needs to be fixed as well.

The Finishing Touch
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, so it is a bug report. Thx for helping Mr-Klipp.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Added it to the Bugzilla.