34 coaches online • Server time: 17:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d2patrik/bb_faq.html

i saw this page and it says an additional block is made with frenzy if the player gets a pushback and has SF skill... will this be implemented?

im just wondering if this is the right version of the rules (if not then ignore me coz im rambling!!!)

Rolling Eyes
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That one seems to me to be another question of interpretation. Is it push back as in what the dice shows, or whether the players is ACTUALLY pushed back. Rereading the piece in question, I think it is the latter, you have to actually push the player phyisically back to get another go!.

<QUOTE>
if a frenzied player pushes back an opponent without knocking them over, then they must follow up
the opponent and then throw another block.
</QUOTE>

Suggests to me that you need to actually push back the player cos it doesn't mention dice rolls!

Gk.
Hephi

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

imagine a frenzy player bumping into a tree, backing up and bumping into the tree again,
I don't see frenzy players take a few steps back to start running again

although when they bump into someone and the defender steps back they can easily follow up and keep
bumping

I don't know if you can catch my drift here, but I go for no second attack on stand firm players
JJB

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Although the description of SF says a player can ignore pushback results, I am positive that a frenzy player still has another at a SF player after rolling a pushback.
Unfortunately, I have no actual written authority for this - I always saw it applied in the tournaments in which I played in the past.

I suggest you ask for a formal clarification in www.talkbloodbowl.com, under the rules queries (and not skills) heading.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The rule on this is very clear, another block should be made if a pushback result was obtained regardless of if the pushback was made. From the LRB "Some skills refer to pushing a player back in order to work. These skills will work as long as you roll a push back on the Blocking dice. "

The Finishing Touch
locutus

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion there are a few things to be considered, like choosing to use a skill or not. I think skills like dodge or traits like stand firm should be used if desired, not always. There are sometimes where its better not to use dodge (example: when you are gonna be pushed out from the field by a frenzied trollslayer) and sometimes its better not to use stand find (example when pushed by a frenzied player and the second block can be 1 dice rather than two or two dices for the stand firm player).

You can see both examples benefits the team without the skill and its supposed skills should benefit the owner of the skill.

I know its an old discussion Wink but its good to remember it from time to time. Anyway i dont know if its difficult to implement in the client so maybe its not a discussion about the right way to do it but the possibility of implementing it.
slackman

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

frenzy is not an option, it must always be used. unfortunately, you are not allowed to choose to use a skill when you are on the receiving end of a block, as its not been implemented. but to answer the actual question at hand, as klipp pointed out, all that is necessary is a pushback result on the block dice.

slackman42
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: What happens if a player with Frenzy skill blocks an opponent with Stand Firm skill and gets a push back result? Does the frenzied player carry on making blocks even though he wasn't able to push his opponent back?
A: Yes.

the above question on the linked website kinda tells us what should be done!!! allegedly Jervis Johnson answered the question on the website!!! so what do people think of this? shall ski implement it?
Revener

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 100% for it.
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure ski already has the frenzy/stand firm rule working correctly (2 blocks) but it would be nice to have a choice of not using dodge or not using stand firm when being blocked...
slackman

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2003 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

the java client already implements frenzy correctly (aside for the weird gfi thing)

slackman42
 Jump to: