27 coaches online • Server time: 09:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deneb

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 16:40Guest Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Is it possible to trace/add in the "teamvsteam.log" the following roll:
SKILL ROLL, AGEING ROLL, AGEING RESULT?

This to be sure that the opponent coach doens't modify it-self the result in his own team.html?

Only the owner of the team has the result. So it is easy to modify....

Very Happy Cool
deneb
Malthor

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

deneb, the rolls that appear in the HTML roster are used only for non FUMBBL leagues. With FUMBBL, the rolls are done on the server.

If on a non-FUMBBL league you got concerns about players cheating, make the skill and aging rolls in the chat box after the game using the dice rolling commands. Or get the commissioner to compare the date stamps on the submitted HTML files.

still disliked all round!
deneb

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 17:03Guest Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

You're right, we can use the chat. This was what we used to do before.
But, I don't see the reason to have create this feature if :

for FUMBBL league, your don't use it.
for non-FUMBBL league, we can't be 100% to trust it.

That feature is great and easy. I just wanted to see how easily it would be to trace that for both players. You don't know always others coach. This will reduce only the risk.

Very Happy Cool
deneb
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 17:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thread moved to proper forum.
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As I was the one to suggest the dice commands in the chat I have discussed this topic with SkiJunkie (the almighty?).

The reson why he could not do skill rolls was that the html-files is done after the game is closed, at which point the dice-sync can not work. (Which means that the dice rolls are not checked...) Dice commands do get checked.

But! Lately he have added skillrolls and agerolls inte to html-files. Maybe these rolls are unchecked, maybe he changed the order of something to allow these dice rolls to be made earlier so they are checked. This I dont know anything about... If there is a secure solotion behind this, of course it could be added into the log, and even fumbbl should be able to use them. On the other hand if the solution isn't very secure, well, then you just have to trust you opponent!
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

he added them for someone else who wanted them added in for his league

we aren't the only place that uses javabowl
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I bugged him for a very long time about it. So the league in question could have been mine, possibly Smile But at the time he got around to actully implement it, I've already solved the problem, in the same way fumbbl does. League commission rolls all skill/age-rolls. (Software based on theprecessor of fumbbbl, Christers LegueManager!)

Whatever the reason for the skillsrolls to be added, if they are done in a proper way, there is no need to reroll them at fumbbl. Doesn't really matter, but no need... And it could be a Good Thing (tm) that the client produces updated html-roster that is in sync with what you get at fumbbl. As for now I suspect that the skillrolls in the html-files that JBB produce are not the same as the the ones I get here.

Still dont get this:
Quote:
we aren't the only place that uses javabowl

What have that to do with anything???
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

They aren't. Those rolls are not stored in the file that gets uploaded here, and it was easy enough to just make them here, as that solves the issue of needing to witness the skill rolls.

The Finishing Touch
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My question was more of the kind, is that an oversight, or impossible by design?
Maybe your right, it can't be done with SkiJunkies design of the dice-sync. Too bad.
Then it all comes down to third party solutions (fumbbl, or your trusted league-commission) or just plain and simple trust of you opponent. Possibly rolling skills in the chat-window and taking notes and double-check _everything_, IN the next game with the updated roster. (Otherwise he could update one correctly, and play with another....)
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Is it possible to trace/add in the "teamvsteam.log" the following roll:
SKILL ROLL, AGEING ROLL, AGEING RESULT?

The rolls are in the log. So they can be verified for the smaller leagues. What you need it YOUR log file and your opponent's updated html file. In your log file you will see a large section of verified opponent roll message at (or near) the end of the log file. What I have to do it make the rolls while the verifications are still being done. This means the die rolls are done before it is known who is getting a skill roll. So what happens is that each player on the roster gets a skill roll, and aging roll, and an aging result roll. So really, each player gets 6 rolls. So for every player on the opponents roster there will be 6 verified opponent roll messages in the large block in the log. So if you are checking the 3rd player on your opponents roster you need to skip down 12 (6 lines x 2 skipped players) verified lines. Now look at the next 6 lines (verification lines 18-23). These should match the skill rolls on the opponents updated html roster.

The same should work for you opponent. Using the log on his computer he can verify the skill rolls on your updated html roster.

So you can verify the skills rolls. It is tedious, but if you don't trust your opponent...

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
deneb

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot. Exclamation Exclamation

I did a small test.
Both teams had a skill. I did have the "Veriffied Roll" on the client side . But not on the server side. Could you pease check why?

Version: 6.3e

Hope I'm not too boring.... Embarassed
But I'am sure that others non-fumbbl league will be happy to have this as well.

Very Happy Cool
deneb
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

were you looking in the log or in the message window? I think on one log it is at the very bottom, but in the other log it is above the game results stuff.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
deneb

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'm looking in the Bbowl\results\TeamvsTeam.Zip.
=>TeamvsTeam.log

Client side: TeamvsTeam.log
Found 96 Verified Opponent Roll in the end end of the file
Corresponding to the Skill of the Opponent team.
Perfect

Server side: TeamvsTeam.log
I found nothing.

I will send you both files by e-mail.

Very Happy Cool
deneb
 Jump to: