27 coaches online • Server time: 05:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blutzh

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

When you use a player with kick, where do you like to position the ball?
If we say that lowest square on opponents line of Scrimmage has the coordinate 1,1 - Im usually puts the ball on 4,4 just to play safe, but is often tempted to do a 3,3.

Where do you put it when facing a bashier team and a more agile team?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

For me it also depends on what I am playing myself. Usually I lke to kick the ball to a front corner of the pitch. After all, if you get a blitz, pd or the opponent fails to pick up the ball you want to able to get to it.

Only exception here is when I play with my woodies vs orcs and the likes. Then preventing the cage from forming always has priority, so I kick deep.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

hm I always kick deep... never thought about not kicking deep having advantages Wink
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on the opposing team's setup and my own defence...
Difficult to say something about in general, but of course I usually place the ball at least 3 squares from the sidelines.

Try reading this Smile
Blutzh

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the link DonKosak.

I tried making a search, but never went so far back....
odi

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends what I'm playing, if I'm playing my skaven for example, I always kick the ball as far back as possible, but with close enough for my gutters to be able to get at it, with either a blitz, or if oppo fails something. Other than that, it depends on what turn it is, what's the current score and how many players can my oppo field.
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i always kick to my opos weaker side. either by his setup or by player skills.

If opo has open spots in his setup where a blitz might be fruitful i use the gap to kick into it.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I dislike about kicking the ball short against slower teams is it possibly allows the opponent to score one turn sooner than he might otherwise, assuming he isn't trying to milk all eight turns of the half for casualties. With really fast teams like Skaven and some frequently throwing elf teams, it doesn't really matter since they can usually put the ball at midfield first turn anyway.

Usually my use of Kick consists of kicking the ball deep to one sideline or the other and attempting to interfere with the ball's progress toward midfield. If the opponent has left gaps in his initial offensive setup, however, I will consider kicking it short to the open sideline, but only against a bashy opponent. Even if the ball is covered, chances are the offense isn't going to be very cohesive as they scramble to remove the ball from the weakside of the play, and kicking it short gives more of my defensive players a chance to put a TZ on the ball, at least.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In case of a kick-off event other than bad kick, at 4,4 is safe against touchbacks. Position 3,4 is safe for 97,7% and 3,3 is safe for 93,5%.

Well, bad kick should occur 5 times in 36 kick offs.

Furious_George

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pfft, bad kick occurs 9 times out of 10 for me :/

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
pfft, bad kick occurs 9 times out of 10 for me :/

If that's true you're lucky in an odd sort of way. Almost no thrown rocks, Get the Ref for the opponent, Pitch Invasions to mess up your defence. You're a lucky guy.

And if it happens that often you should expect it and place the ball accordingly Smile
Mordus

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My bad kicks only happen when there is a weak side and I have a chance of getting the ball on the kickoff. Shocked
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If I don't have the kick skill, I always kick in the middle of the field, then the ball only can bounce out of field.

If I have kick, I kick deep with lesser agile teams to slow their attack, and I kick close to LoS against more agile teams(in cas of PD or blitz), cause they can move the ball from their endzone in one turn anyway
 Jump to: