58 coaches online • Server time: 19:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
megafreak666

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

Chaos coach newby. I've played a few one-offs and one league game on table top BB. I've finally got my computer issues taken care of, so I'll be able to play FUMBBL tomorrow.

Anyways, I was looking for some advice. I realize chaos is probably one of the harder teams to start with--no skills, save for horns. (ironic that they're so good in 40K and WHFB)
One of my problems is the cage. How to best build one? It seems that my opponents manage to sneak one hero into the cage with a couple of fantastic dodge rolls, then knock down my runner by using a re-roll or just having great luck. Usually runs around the back.
After that he picks up the ball.
They're not usually able to set up a great attack, but it takes most of the turn before I can knock him down and get the ball back--takes away my chances for scoring.
I've played Wood elves, high elves and orks. The high elves and orks were rookie teams, the woodies were pretty high TR though, and they ran circles around me. Got schooled by the the orks but no permanant damage. Kicked the high elves' teeth in. Had four players on nine last drive--but still managed to prove a thorn in my side.

So what kind of formations are best for a cage? Or are there any other offensive sets that are good for a rookie chaos sqaud? Any help would be highly appreciated. (defense is a bridge I'll burn on another day) Thanks in advance.
vigil

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

-B-CW-
--B*---
-B-CW-

Is the traditional chaos cage. Remember to keep some beastmen runners in the wide zones behind his line to scare him too. Also, a cage will never last long so look to break out one of the flanks ASAP.
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember you is chaos a str4 team, look at his line work out the best angle to break his line and pour through, then HIT hard and fast, then using those memebers of your team not holding the ball or deployed around the ball( the 4 diagonal positions) keep a beast or 2 drifiting to threaten str4blitzs at his line, and use the rest to put TZ on his players so he cant move them around so easily , then remember to get at least 2of your cage people tackle, that way let them try and dodge, it will cost

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My prefered cage is

B - CW
CW*
B CW

Its quite tough and even if they prevent the beasts from assisting you still get 2db your choice
the cage works even if you are outnumbered I had 9 people vs 11 high elfs and i won 2-0 because he tried running around me not protecting the ball carrier (if you see an unprotected ball carrier blitz him even if you have to make 2 GFI's its still usually worth it)
Franz

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what you would do against orcs...

4 bob (St4) plus 4 ob (Block)...
Kaz

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Running a chaos cage:

my cage formation:
Endzone -->

B - W
- C W
B - W

With W= Chaos Warrior, B= Beast man, C=Ball Carrier.

Let your other 5 players(BG, and 3/4 Beastmen + 0/1 CW depending on ball Carrier) pick at the harrassing opponents, utilizing horns to blitz up a storm. Allow your cage to advance into the offensive turf down the center of the field. If anyone gets in front, that's what you have 3 CWs for, to clear a path. Anyone heading straight for the ball carrier needs to make 2 dodges before hitting him, once into 3 TZs, (5+ for an elf) and will probably be down in strength after assists on the block. Anyone hitting the edge of the cage should be picked off by a harrasser or nearby cage member. Once you get about halfway down the field (2-4 turns hopefully) then remember: Chaos have AG 3 all around and rerolls, you can toss a quick pass to one of your harrassers that's free, then he rushs down for a TD.
Tank

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Like megafreak666, im also new to coaching chaos & have jioned a league with them. I have 1 - Minotaur 2 - C/Warriors and 8 - B/men . A FF of 6 with only 2 RR's , Im just interested in finding out what u guy's think of this line up & secondly how you would develope them . Im thinking C/W = block then either guard or M/Blow. With B/Men Block,Tackle "O" nearly forgot ANY doubles im going with R/S/C or just Claws. All advice appreciated THX !
cusi

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaz wrote:
Running a chaos cage:

my cage formation:
Endzone -->

B - W
- C W
B - W

With W= Chaos Warrior, B= Beast man, C=Ball Carrier.

Kaz's systems is all right except a good opponent will figure a way to use a chainpush on the three chaos warriors to expose the cage
 Jump to: