32 coaches online • Server time: 04:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I just started to get interested in Stunty and therefore met some Chaos Halfling Teams. All of them were equipped with two Minotaurs.
But are Minos really good in pairs? In the games I played against them (only two so far, so I ask for the opinion of more experienced Coaces) having two wild animals against a stunty opponent didn't seem to be the best tactical choice.

The reason for this was that he just has one blitz. And since I of course always tried to evade the minos, that left the other Mino with a only 50% chance to do anything. Not to mention that the Chainsaws were rendered completely useless because the Blitz was always used up by doing something with one of his Minos.

Also Minotaurs are nearly useless for TTMs, as they have to overcome their wild animal first and then their always hungry.

So after all I don't understand why Chaos Halfling coaches bother with Minos at all, or don't just buy one for blitzing. As I'm quite eager to try out Chaos Halflings myself, could some more experienced Stunty coach advise me a bit in this matter?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

They can Block as well as blitz with WA. If they get a mutation, they get Tentacles and eat stunties for breakfast.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Physical Mutations one would suspect, they do seem to become frightening cas machines towards the higher TR scale, in a way which other big guys dont, past that i wouldnt like to guess, methinks one is enough with anohter big guy whos not got wild animal. As to sensible uses therefore of the chainsaw, im not sure, id rather like to do a no big guy cfling team, might be useless, but should be good fun

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
-- id rather like to do a no big guy cfling team, might be useless, but should be good fun

Should be over in about 4-5 turns. Gets boring after a few matches.

Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think having two minos is a classic mistake that a lot of new chaos 1/2ing coaches make. This is a team that has four players that need to blitz since chainsaws tend to be useless early on making blocks. Better to keep them a distance away.

The only way to compensate for this is to give them tentacles and yet most coaches can't resist the RSC as if they already weren't good enough at causing cas in stunty! No coach in their right mind is going to leave a player in the TZ of a mino knowing that moving requires a 4+.

I like taking a troll and mino for my flings. The troll was fortunate enough to get pass giving me a shot at scoring whenever. Also, minos having an armour of 8 is a huge liability as BGs are the first target in stunty. When starting off..... trade the mino for a troll and the extra 2 FF.

Long run... best idea.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I wasn't suggesting that I think it's a good idea, just the most common reasoning I'm aware of. In my opinion, an AV 8 Big Guy is just plain silly. My Human throwers have AV 8...... Minotaurs are a bunch of Bull!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

And why not 2 minos?

pro+tackle gives you at least some prays to hit, when RSC or tentacle is so nice to make damages.

Never tried though Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

troll for blocking pinning, mino for the blitz, tentacles on doubles and the chainsaw for +3 fouls....you don't want both chainsaws on the field 1st drive anyway.
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Eghost wrote:
troll for blocking pinning, mino for the blitz, tentacles on doubles and the chainsaw for +3 fouls....you don't want both chainsaws on the field 1st drive anyway.

nothing more to add... that´s the perfect strategy for chaos 0.5ers...
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

why dont you want both chainsaws on the field, theyre just as likely to get banned sitting on the bench arent they?

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
why dont you want both chainsaws on the field, theyre just as likely to get banned sitting on the bench arent they?

nope, they aren´t. Only secret weapons on the pitch can be banned by the ref.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:

no they need to be filled in!

else no roll

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You should set up a chaosfling team according to your playing style, play a few games and then make some modifications if necessary, personally i've tried them and retired the team after their first game.
Having a mino roaring during four turns with the ball and no way to make it move was really too boring but that was my own experience with them.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=957490
I suppose that what happened to me had never happened to most of other chaosfling teams otherwise they won't be so many of them around.
Take your chance, you'll see if they accept to be coached by you.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thyrreks wrote:
Having a mino roaring during four turns with the ball and no way to make it move was really too boring but that was my own experience with them.

To make the mino move you simply Blitz with the mino... on a Block or Blitz you are more likely to avoid the Wild Animal than if you just move.

And trust me, with 2 chainsaws and two big guys they are anything but boring!
 Jump to: