85 coaches online • Server time: 21:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
IanFidel

Post 13 Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So i was searching the Recordopidia & I was wondering why aren't there any stats for the worst of Game play. Example: The most losses ever?
Most interceptions thrown? The most touchdowns allowed? Most casulties recieved? Give us Geeks what we want!!! It makes me feel better when I'm getting beat up buy better teams!

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm... if you have the game for most Int. and touchdowns scored don't you get the most Int.s and TD's given away as well..?

And for the love of Nuffle - get rid of that picture! It takes up three time the amount of space as your post itself!

EDIT: I guess you mean total Int., TD that you let in and cas recieved? My bad. Anyhow - my statement about your picture still stands Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded on the piccie thingie.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Most losses, most TDs allowed and most casualties suffered can be found out by listing the teams ordered by how many games they have played and performing occular inspection on said list.

Most losses: Kenty's Sleeper in Metropolis with 223. 2nd place is wthair's My 11 Thugz with 178. 3rd place is MrKlipp's Grotty Little Wankers with 177.

Most TDs allowed: kfoged's Nandorins with 1198. 2nd place is roos' Trees with 1126. 3rd place is my Forest Fools with 1110.

Most casualties suffered: my Forest Fools with 1407 (691 BH, 473 SI, 243 Dead). 2nd place Shinan's Fylke's Foodeaters with 1225 (597 BH, 414 SI 214 Dead). 3rd place is roos' Trees with 1137 (564 BH, 401 SI, 172 Dead).

Interceptions aren't shown in the list, but I'm guessing the Fools, Trees and Nandorins are likely candidates because they pass a lot and have played plenty of matches,

Last edited by Mr_Launcher on %b %14, %2005 - %13:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the picture, its from "the Wicker Man" i believe very good film i might add.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the reason is that the recordopedia is meant to be about things you should *try* to achieve. As far as per-match records go, Most TDs allowed .. just look at the match where most TDs were scored, cas received - same again. Totals are a bit trickier i guess, but Mr Launcher's method works pretty well.

There are some did you know type things that have been added to the recordopedia, but I don't think there is any plan to make records out of any of the things resulting from playing poorly (or just being very unlucky).

I'm fairly sure there is another thread which has some info in it, but it might be buried pretty deeply. I'm also sure that Lord Splutticus could give you a much better explanation than myself.

Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Loosing many matches, allowing many TDs and suffering many casualties is neither a sign of poor play or being unlucky. It's just a matter of having played many matches, preferably against worthy opponents. Choosing goblins, halflings or elves also helps.

Last edited by Mr_Launcher on %b %14, %2005 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Schalburg wrote:
I like the picture, its from "the Wicker Man" i believe very good film i might add.

Been meaning to see that one myself, acutally. However, I think the complaint is more about the picture's size than its content!

I know for worst loss you get listed, but only because you're the other half of the game with the best win (*sigh*). Embarassed

Post 3 Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't expect the Wicker man ( the movie is being remade with Nicholas Cage...for shame how they are butchering it) picture to be so large, since it didn't allow smaller versions to upload..sorry!
Thanks for the tip on finding those stats, But I still think the Recordopidia should hold ALL stats of Legendary or infamous nature.
# of drop balls in a single game.. team or by a single player
# interceptions thrown by a single player in a game .... lifetime.
Most games missed by a player due to niggling injury...
Most games conceded by a coach.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I want to be recognized for the team with the most losses. But a record is a record I suppose.... we try not to get too discouraged.
 Jump to: