27 coaches online • Server time: 10:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vicimus

Post 9 Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Can anyone advise as to how I can get fumbbl going from work? It's getting blocked somehow.

When I try and run with the default settings (i.e. host: fumbbl.com:8081) it just says "cannot connect to proxy", even if I am acting as the server, but the same happens when I'm the client.

I've also tried running it using my IP Address as the host but this doesn't work either (same error).

Surely there's got to be someway to make it work? I can use FTP, IRC, the web, etc.

I'm sure the powers that be would not approve of me playing BloodBowl at work, but I don't care. What they don't know can't hurt them. Smile

Cheers!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am no expert but read something on francebloodbowl.

From work, some port may be closed for security. Per direct IP, you may have a mask and the real IP, therefore maybe have something to do

ermmm jutst notice how dull is my post. No answer, no solution... Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of the few, valid reasons to use the proxy server. Check out the User Guide for instructions.

When at home and you have control over your own network, play by direct connection. It's faster, more stable and mas mejor. If you're on a network which you do not control and the appropriate ports are blocked (ie: work, school, etc...), then that is what the proxy is made for.

</soapbox>

If you've been trying to use the proxy without success, then you're just screwed... Unless you are in good with the IT guys.

Jump to: