19 coaches online • Server time: 06:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, I'm Involved in the Battle of the Pacts Tournament with my Chaos Pact Team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=207679 and have been drawn against a brand new Old world team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=213556

To me, it looks like i should walk it due to the 46 TR difference, however i dont want to get too cocky, as i've never played against an old world team and am unsure of how to go about it. I think my main plan is to quickly cripple the War Dancer leaving My GR as by far the quickest player on the pitch, but has anyone got any suggestions on how to play it? I'm especially scared of getting a bad handicap and missing players! dunno how to win without my Runner!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

am i still the only one thats scored against them? hmmmm, anyhoo, taking out the dancer early would be my idea, and just try and keep everything else going backwards matre. worked for me
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

fosthefish wrote:
am i still the only one thats scored against them? hmmmm, anyhoo, taking out the dancer early would be my idea, and just try and keep everything else going backwards matre. worked for me

Yes you are you @#!!% i kinda figure the War Dancer is the only real threat, i plan to pile on and get rid of it ASAP - then mighty blow the Flings for quik CAS - leaving only 8 players on the pitch!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is the deal. Numbers. He has 11, you have 13. Two of his are flings. I know a thing or two about them. They squish! You have the Bash advantage, start at the bottom of the poll. The WD has Blodge, and will be tricky (Though if you get him down, foul away). Smash the flings, and you're already two men up. Then work on the Human Linos. Hit the fancy guys (WD and Slayer) only when necessary and PROTECT THE BALL! By the 2nd half, numbers advantage should do it for you. I'd aim for a 2-1 win in the traditional Dwarf style (They score fast, you score slow, you score in 2nd half).

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remember not to be completely caught up in the bashy game. If you have the better team you shouldn't give away too much ground or you might not be able to use your man advantage. And don't start playing like an elf - grind down that field, man. Grind I say!
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If i get the choice, should i kick or recieve? I'll probably have the advantage both ways, but would it be better to recieve in the second half?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be better to recieve in the second half. Play a strong defence at first, if you have any success, he'll start taking more risk which means more lone guys to pound. If you can get a TZ on the ball ALWAYS do it, if you can get the ball, even better. Get him panicky, receive 2nd and GRIND!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ok guys, you may have notice, it's me that plays that nice TR 100 team.

First: hit the fling: good advice, but I guess the ref will take them out first.

Two: take out the wardancer. Not a bad advice but I will protect him well.

Anyway nice to see that I will know lamby's technique before playing him.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry that much about that game. at 49 TR up, only handicaps could grant me a win. Or big big luck.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
ok guys, you may have notice, it's me that plays that nice TR 100 team.

First: hit the fling: good advice, but I guess the ref will take them out first.

Two: take out the wardancer. Not a bad advice but I will protect him well.

Anyway nice to see that I will know lamby's technique before playing him.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry that much about that game. at 49 TR up, only handicaps could grant me a win. Or big big luck.

I'm not worried about losing, i just want to make sure i play well!