49 coaches online • Server time: 23:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Super UMT IV - Round 2 Statistics

Top Passer / Most Completions
5 - Lamivudine (Dark Elf Thrower) Darkside Ravens
3 - Long Bomber (Orc Thrower) Blood
2 - Amlodipine (Dark Elf Lineman) Darkside Ravens
2 - Brett Favre Jr (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
2 - Doug Pederson (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
2 - Guiseppe Giannini "Il Principe" (Elf Thrower) A.S. Roma True Elves

Top Scorer
3 - Antonio Cassano (Elf Catcher) A.S. Roma True Elves
2 - Dyazide (Dark Elf Blitzer) Darkside Ravens
2 - Mash'al Qett'at al-Faras (Bull Centaur) Zharr Naggrund Zealots
2 - ReddBull (Bull Centaur) Anvilz
2 - Terror (Goblin) Blood

Top Interceptor

Top Blocker / Most Casualties
13 players on 1

Most Improved Player / Most SPPs
10 - Antonio Cassano (Elf Catcher) A.S. Roma True Elves
8 - Green Omen (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune
7 - Doug Pederson (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
7 - Ghaalib ath-Thawr (Troll) Zharr Naggrund Zealots
7 - Triannos "Colonna d'Ercole" Dellas (Elf Lineman) A.S. Roma True Elves

Highest Attendence: 104,000 - Masters of Misfortune vs Blood, East round 1
Lowest Attendence: 60,000 - Axes of Terror vs vs A.S. Roma True Elves, East round 1

Last edited by BB-Pad on %b %21, %2005 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Interview with a Super Ulysses Maverick Elf Master

<Tomb Brokejaw> Heya G_G you want to interview with Tomb Brokejaw, Spurting Newz?
<Gary_Gygax> Who?
<Tomb Brokejaw> Um, Larry Skink?
<Gary_Gygax> Sure, my pleasure.
<Tomb Brokejaw> *grumble* Stooped skink, oughta *grumble*
<Gary_Gygax> SUMT, really needs to limit the boorish races. I have to face nasty chaos dwarves with my little elves
<Tomb Brokejaw> Heheh how do you feel about being one of the more pansy, erm, agility-based teams?
<Gary_Gygax> I feel so good *touches self, seemingly lost in the moment*
<Gary_Gygax> I'm an elf player, turned coach, so I love to face nasty teams with elves
<Tomb Brokejaw> Heheheh that's true, you do seem to excel at it for some reason.
<Tomb Brokejaw> Any predictions on the outcome of this one?
<Gary_Gygax> We will suffer a lot
<Gary_Gygax> but we are going to win, you can count on it.
<Tomb Brokejaw> Interesting. (makes note to booky) Next rounds are Blood, and Clan Khiragh, do you honestly think you will make it to the playoffs?
<Gary_Gygax> We are the last SUMT finalist, we don't fear anything. Those punks you just mentioned couldn’t bash their way out of a wet paper bag.
<Gary_Gygax> we know we can score at will on any and all of them, the only problems is to have 4-5 players in the last turns at least.
<Tomb Brokejaw> Well stated, good then, we at the Spurting Newz editorial department will grossly misrepresent everything you've said here and your opponents will foul you every turn. Good Luck! Thanks for the interview.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

UMT Season 5 - Round 3 Statistics

6 - Aodan (Dark Elf Thrower) Twilight Bandits
5 - Boyce Mcphan (Elf Thrower) Footsie Ballers
4 - Haldir (Phoenix Warrior) House of Golodhrim

Top Scorer
4 - Adrian Barnes (Orc Blitzer) C.C. Hammerheads
3 - Dingleberry (Skink) Lizangeles Swamp Beasts
3 - Wes Davos (Elf Blitzer) Footsie Ballers

Top Interceptor
1 - Anit (Dark Elf Lineman) Twilight Bandits

4 - Thomas Firedawn (Chaos Warrior) Brasky's Iron Claws
3 - Ida (Amazon Blitzer) Tjofaderallin
3 - Isaac Nightstalker (Chaos Warrior) Brasky's Iron Claws
3 - Sarhbub (Orc Blitzer) Mork's Maraurders

12 - Adrian Barnes (Orc Blitzer) C.C. Hammerheads
12 - Ugly (Minotaur) Pretty Fly
12 - Krark (Saurus) Chaqua Coldbloods
12 - Sbghat (Black Orc Blocker) Mork's Maraurders
11 - Adrian Barnes (Orc Blitzer) C.C. Hammerheads
11 - Fuket (Skink) Lizangeles Swamp Beasts
11 - Kvast-Hilda (Amazon Linewoman) Cartoonettes
11 - Thomas Firedawn (Chaos Warrior) Brasky's Iron Claws

Highest Attendence: 99000 - C.C. Hammerheads vs Cartonettes, Div B round 3
Lowest Attendence: 56000 - Etheral Shadows vs Slowjokes, Div A round 1

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

UMT V Round 3 Summary

Div A
CircularLogic's Etheral Shadows managed to earn a 1-1 draw against the ever-lethal Brasky's Iron Claws despite suffering five casualties. The dark elf coach must consider himself very fortunate as they look in good shape for their next game; their apothecary able to reduce the impact of the only serious injury they suffered. Chaos coach BillBrasky will probably be somewhat frustrated that his team were unable to turn their significant numerical advantage into a win and although the Iron Claws move up one place to 4th, they still have a lot of work to do should they wish to make the play-offs. Etheral Shadows meanwhile drop one place to 3rd but are still well placed to get back into the top two. **** Mully's Lizangeles Swamp Beasts move back into the play-off spaces with a comprehensive 3-0 win over lordchaos' Slowjokes. The joke was definitely on the dwarf coach as their team did not inflict a single casualty against the frail skinks and the little lizards made sure the dwarves were well & truly punished for this failure. Mully had marked Dingleberry as the key man for LSB and the veteran skink showed why as he scored two of the three touchdowns. Apart from the Swamp Beasts' impressive speed, the two teams matched each other in other areas and the only casualty came from a vicious foul by rookie skink Fkaging that will no doubt be avenged if both teams sign up for next season. **** Top played bottom in Division A and unfortunately for LurkingGrue, San Josephina Earthquakes didn't run out easy winners against Mork's Maraurders as their polarised positions may have suggested. The game ended 1-1 and the amazon coach will definitely not be happy with the result especially as two further players' careers were sadly shortened. Responding to recent media criticism and desperate the avoid the humiliating Wooden Spoon, gamenutter's greenskins bashed & fouled with intent but were unable to get the victory although the draw gives them their first points of the season. The Earthquakes nevertheless remain in 1st place but they have missed a great opportunity to increase the gap between them and the chasing pack.

Div B
With both BK South Park and Blitzburgh Stealers in the bottom half of Division B, only a win would really give them the necessary push up the table to make a challenge and the final 1-1 draw probably doesn't do either team any favours. Kyyberi's orcs managed to inflict the greater damage but neither the orcs nor the chaos dwarves were able to wrestle the ball away from the attacking team for long enough to score the defensive touchdown required to get a victory in this game. BK South Park move up into 3rd and could still challenge for the play-offs but supermagnus must view this game as points lost rather than gained, while Blitzburgh Stealers remain rooted to bottom still seeking their first win. **** Another amazon team suffered this week as leaders Cartoonettes were brought back down to earth in front of this season's highest attendance of 99,000 fans. They were well beaten by Captain1821's C.C. Hammerheads in what turned out to be one hell of a foul war. The orc fans brutally dispatched the first match official and the replacement conveniently claimed to have forgotten his spectacles. The result was TEN casualties in all and only four the result of legitimate challenges. Clearly the orcs had a major advantage with their superior armour and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners sending the Hammerheads to the top of Division B much to their fans' delight. Perhaps when the excitement dies down and the greenskins prepare for their next game, coach Captain1821 may rue the loss of two blitzers especially emerging star powerhouse Rubin Pickett. **** With their team in 2nd place and looking strong candidates for the play-offs, Midgets fans were left furious with their team's management after their coach Kurre went missing at a crucial stage of the season. Some cynics are suggesting that necromancer coach Jinxed has had the dwarf coach assassinated in order to raise him from the dead and have him join the Deadmirals backroom staff. The Amsterdam Deadmirals have yet to comment…

Div C
While other amazon teams start to struggle, Tricktickler's Tjofaderillan continue to dominate, overcoming Trif's House of Golodhrim by 3-0 to take a 300-point lead in Division C. The amazons used any means necessary to reduce the high elf numbers and this they did very successfully through the expert illicit tactics of veteran linewoman Ulla. Combined with their usual hard-hitting game, the result was two fatalities against the noble elves and House of Golodhrim were overrun with powerful veteran catcher Emilia scoring a brace. With such a lead, Tricktickler can divert his focus from winning the remaining group games to maintaining the strength of his squad for the play-offs. **** Division C is extremely close as shown by Redfish's Chaqua Coldbloods moving up three places from 5th to 2nd following their solid 2-0 win over Mithrilpoint's Pretty Fly. Pretty Fly had been looking to build on their return to form after their win last round but due to a internal dispute within the norse squad, star minotaur Ugly, their star performer in their last match, spent most of the game on the bench although he was awarded his team's Man-of-the-Match award (presumably for his wild rantings that some may have seen as attempts to rally his team-mates…). While, aided by renown star Silibili, the Coldbloods outfought their norse opponents and rookie skink Poxtoa scored both touchdowns for the lizardmen. Pretty Fly drop two places to bottom of the table but still remain only one good win away from 2nd. **** Meanwhile mymLaban's Bashing Hammers seemed to wake up from a slumber and saw off Wotfudboy's Twilight Bandits by 2-1. With the media writing off the dwarves' chances of making the play-offs last round, the Hammers found their form against elvenkind, inflicting five casualties much to their fans' approval. Young agile dwarf runner Tunnel runner marshalled their plays like the quarterback of a elf team, managing 3 completions before slowly scrambling in a touchdown for himself. A bit of a blow for Wotfudboy's dark elves who had been hoping to trounce the struggling dwarves and propel themselves back up the table but they are by no means out of the reach of the top two yet! Bashing Hammers move off the foot of the table into joint 3rd place with Twilight Bandits and Trif's House of Golodhrim making it very tight near the top.

Div D
No change at all in the Division D group placings after round 3. BiggieB's Blocking with no Luck continued their good form with a good 2-0 win over Da_Todfatha's Pain State!!. The orcs battled hard against their racial enemies but they were never able to find the final pass or move to get them into a scoring position and head coach Da_Todfatha must be wondering if he was cursed when the media suggested that their forfeit win in the 1st round would be their only win! Veteran dwarf runner Hlef Graveslasher had a superb rushing game and scoring both touchdowns for the dwarves that keeps Blocking at the top of the division. Pain State!! remain in 5th and will need to win their last two games to progress to the knockout stage, an achievement those that have visited the hag and her crystal ball won't be betting on…**** The other game saw soultoken's brave Piglets 2 take on bloodelf's Bloodspit and it is one game the halflings won't be able to forget in a hurry as they suffered no less than SEVEN serious injuries, albeit two self-inflicted, on their way to a 1-0 defeat! They didn't go down without a fight though and inflicted four casualties themselves including a costly fatality for Bloodspit as they lost veteran chaos warrior Xag after their apothecary had exhausted his remedies. The win keeps bloodelf's chaos team in 2nd, just 30 points behind leaders Blocking with no Luck but with Slick's Footsie Ballers only 100 points behind them after picking up the forfeit win this round, they will need to stay sharp for the remaining games to avoid any slip ups. Piglets 2 on the other hand have a week off but their medic has reported that the time off won't help them restore their squad due to the extent of their injuries. They'll go into their final game with just 11 players - not a good number for the brittle halflings!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

AlcingRagaholic wrote:
Evil Coach Z looked at all his assembled teams.

"The Shiv Sena Party and TOILET have left, leaving for greener pastures rather than dying to the last man. Which one of you is ready to take on the powerhouses that are the UMT?"

The Rotter team captain James K Pox slithered up, and gargled out a response. Seeing the Giant Beast of Nurgle, the other team captains decided against it.

Manifest Destiny of Rot are here to show the true meaning of pain and agony to the UMT... and not in the receiving sense the way the SSP did it.

I'm coming, Cy An, I'm coming for you...

Z

Cough cough... come on Cy, where are you?

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Super UMT IV - Round 3 Statistics

5 - Lamivudine (Dark Elf Thrower) Darkside Ravens
4 - Brett Favre Jr (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
4 - Long Bomber (Orc Thrower) Blood
3- Withered Hope (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune
2 - Amlodipine (Dark Elf Lineman) Darkside Ravens
2 - Doug Pederson (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
2 - Guiseppe Giannini "Il Principe" (Elf Thrower) A.S. Roma True Elves

Top Scorer
3 - ReddBull (Bull Centaur) Anvilz
3 - Terror (Goblin) Blood
2 - Dyazide (Dark Elf Blitzer) Darkside Ravens
2 - Kroag Breeq (Gutter Runner) Clan Khirgah
2 - Mash'al Qett'at al-Faras (Bull Centaur) Zharr Naggrund Zealots
2 - Nick Barnett (Human Blitzer) Green Bay Packers 2003

Top Interceptor

3 - Andrew Sickson (Rotter) Manifest Destiny of Rot
2 - Jenko (Chaos Dwarf Blocker) Anvilz
2 - Robin R Stool (Nurgle Beastman) Manifest Destiny of Rot

11 - Kroag Breeq (Gutter Runner) Clan Khirgah
11 - ReddBull (Bull Centaur) Anvilz
10 - Antonio Cassano (Elf Catcher) A.S. Roma True Elves
10 - Doogan Dhuumhammer (Chaos Dwarf Blocker) Anvilz
9 - Terror (Goblin) Blood

Highest Attendence: 110,000 - Blood vs Clan Khirgah, East round 3
Lowest Attendence: 60,000 - Axes of Terror vs vs A.S. Roma True Elves, East round 1

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Interview with the steel boss of the Iron Claws - BillBrasky

Everyone has heard of Bill Brasky he’s a guy you know of through the friend of a friend, and his exploits are legendary. Alas, it was widely rumored that he had met his demise, no doubt fulfilling some common boyhood fantasy involving jet-engines, high caliber weapons, and multiple sex partners…or so we thought.

I was tipped off by one of our summer interns that BillBrasky was spotted alive and well at a local watering hole. I followed the trail of over-inflated stories from bar to pub until finally I got the interview of a lifetime…

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Coach BillBrasky thanks for agreeing to this interview, we heard you were dead.

<BillBrasky> A funny thing death, not as permanent as one might think.

*drunk at the bar loudly whispers “I heard Brasky told Nuffle to shove it, and he did!” Chorus of drunk cheers “To Bill Brasky!”*

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Tell me about it, undeath has been great, except for the skin condition.

<Tomb_Brokejaw> So after 4 matches on your inaugural trip into the UMT you have a 1-2-1 record, what do you think of the competion in Divison A?

<BillBrasky> 1 win, 2 ties, and a loss... could be better, but some of the boy's are still sore from their daily beatings

<Tomb_Brokejaw> So are beatings a new motivational ideology?

<BillBrasky> Well, as a coach I believe in tactics that work

<BillBrasky> and in my day to day life, I find that if I kick the shit out of someone they do what I tell them

*drunk at the bar loudly whispers “The reason there are no All-troll teams is cuz Brasky ate them all!” Chorus of drunk cheers “To Bill Brasky!”*

<BillBrasky> So far it has been almost as successful as when I replaced the gatorade with Jack Daniels

<Tomb_Brokejaw> *shifts uneasily* Can't argue with that, er at least I won't right now, so tell me, what do you think your chances are vs. the Swamp Beasts?

<BillBrasky> As it happens, we've brought along a token sacrifice to throw at them... you may have heard of him, he's one of my son's

<BillBrasky> I begot him with the queen of the goblins

*drunk at the bar whispers conspiratorily “I hear Brasky is so virile he can impregnate with a glance, *hiccup* and that’s really hard to do!” Chorus of drunk cheers “To Bill Brasky!”*

<Tomb_Brokejaw> You mean Doug the Troll?

<BillBrasky> No, moron, Nobbla Blackwart

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Heheh ahhh Mr. Blackwart very nice. Fans just love a chainsaw!

<BillBrasky> Doug will be doing the throwing

<BillBrasky> I have promised my players that we will make lizard skin boots from all of the carnage after the game.

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Your team's noticeable lack of tackling skill may prove your undoing, how will you contain the skinks?

<BillBrasky> 3d blocks, and chainsaws will be our edge

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Yessir, that just might work!

<BillBrasky> That coupled with the fact that I will eat the worst player on my team, if we lose

<Tomb_Brokejaw> So overall how are you and your boys enjoying the competition here in UMT?

<BillBrasky> It is like masterbating with a cheese-grinder: mildly amusing, but mostly painful

<BillBrasky> but the boys seem to enjoy it

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Win or lose, coach, have you given any thought to what you might do in the post-season?

<Tomb_Brokejaw> make-weight to stay in UMT

<Tomb_Brokejaw> or graduate to SUMT?

<BillBrasky> Haven't put any thought to it yet. We'll have to see what the team looks like when the tourney is over

<BillBrasky> Bring me another bottle of whiskey!

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Umm, okay. *rushes to get the whisky and from a safe distance asks* Anything else you'd like to add? Any shout-outs, predictions?

<BillBrasky> Just make sure we have plenty of whiskey for the next match, and you have a high chance of survival

*drunk at the bar whispers slurrily “When Brasky played bloodbowl the Blood was in all caps, he was so tough that he actually threw 4-die blocks, and…and…I wet my pants” Chorus of drunk cheers “To Bill Brasky!”*

<Tomb_Brokejaw> The Swamp Master has stated that you don't have a chance, would you care to address such a statement?

<BillBrasky> I've had several chances with his wife... Where does he think his kids came from, the spawning pool? Please.

<Tomb_Brokejaw> *Jawbone once again drops to the floor, where it is speedily recovered*

<BillBrasky> My team is facing death upon failure... they will liquor up, and hit the field in a drunken rage... hopefully they remember the ball at some point.

<Tomb_Brokejaw> Okay coach, well Im sure this will give everyone in Divison A, as well as the rest of the UMT, some interesting insights to think about. Here's your whisky, good luck and thank you for the enlightening interview!

<BillBrasky> Raaaaaarrrr....

<BillBrasky> to Me!!!

*Drunken Chorus from the bar “To Bill Brasky!!!”*

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Post Game Report : Nobbla Blackwart's Stats

Turns played 1
Actions : Dodge attempt .... foiled by diving tackler

Next turn Opponent scores and Nobbla is thrown out.

Reports are Bill Brasky ate the assistant who recruited Nobbla.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Pad, how about some SUMT round summaries? Haven't seen any!

Z
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Some cynics are suggesting that necromancer coach Jinxed has had the dwarf coach assassinated in order to raise him from the dead and have him join the Deadmirals backroom staff. The Amsterdam Deadmirals have yet to comment…

Jinxed, head Coach/Master Necromancer;
"The rumors are outright lies! We found the Dwarf Coach and he was dead already. The team could use a new Zombie so yes; I raised but I repeat; he was dead! "

*moment of silence*

"of course he claimed he was asleep, not dead but as we all know; Dwarfs are terrible cheating liars!"

*Jinxed left the bewildered reporters*

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

/me cries at the lack of updates.
Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BB-Pad wrote:
Finally, as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm struggling to keep up with match reports for both the UMT & SUMT. Thererefore from next season I will only write reports for the regular UMT as the main & most popular UMT tournament although I will continue to provide stats for all tournies. If anyone is interested in providing some reports for the SUMT they would be very welcome!

Sorry Z, only the UMT is getting reports and I'm even behind with that. I'll try and do a "Group stage round up" for the SUMT before the play-offs start.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh, I must have missed that post. No worries, a Group Stage Round Up sounds good to me!

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Super UMT IV - Round 4 Statistics

6 - Lamivudine (Dark Elf Thrower) Darkside Ravens
5 - Long Bomber (Orc Thrower) Blood
4 - Brett Favre Jr (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
3 - Amlodipine (Dark Elf Lineman) Darkside Ravens
3 - Doug Pederson (Human Thrower) Green Bay Packers 2003
3 - Guiseppe Giannini "Il Principe" (Elf Thrower) A.S. Roma True Elves
3 - Withered Hope (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune

Top Scorer
3 - Nick Barnett (Human Blitzer) Green Bay Packers 2003
3 - ReddBull (Bull Centaur) Anvilz
3 - Terror (Goblin) Blood

Top Interceptor
1 - Haatim al-Ikhlas (Chaos Dwarf Blocker) Zharr Naggrund Zealots

5 - Andrew Sickson (Rotter) Manifest Destiny of Rot
2 - Green Omen (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune
2 - Henenu (Rotter) Manifest Destiny of Rot
2 - Ironmace the Basher (Black Orc Blocker) Blood
2 - Jenko (Chaos Dwarf Blocker) Anvilz
2 - Metalhammer the Crusher (Black Orc Blocker) Blood
2 - Robin R Stool (Nurgle Beastman) Manifest Destiny of Rot

17 - Urian P Reek (Nurgle Beastman) Manifest Destiny of Rot
14 - Withered Hope (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune
12 - Green Omen (Orc Blitzer) Masters of Misfortune
11 - Kroag Breeq (Gutter Runner) Clan Khirgah
11 - ReddBull (Bull Centaur) Anvilz

Highest Attendence: 110,000 - Blood vs Clan Khirgah, East round 3

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

UMT Season 5 - Round 4 Statistics

6 - Aodan (Dark Elf Thrower) Twilight Bandits
6 - Boyce Mcphan (Elf Thrower) Footsie Ballers
4 - Amstrad (Norse Thrower) Pretty Fly
4 - Haldir (Phoenix Warrior) House of Golodhrim
4 - Patricia Onstad II (Amazon Thrower) San Josefina Earthquakes

Top Scorer
4 - Adrian Barnes (Orc Blitzer) C.C. Hammerheads
3 - Dingleberry (Skink) Lizangeles Swamp Beasts
3 - Hihov Blackload (Dwarf Runner) Blocking with no Luck