29 coaches online • Server time: 03:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which option seems best?
Option 1
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Option 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Option 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else (see below)
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Pie!
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
Yet another "what should I do with this team?" style post which hopefully people can help with. In order to enter the next Grudge League tournament I need to bring the TR of my lizardman team down from 179 to 150 but I'm not sure who to drop from the team to do this.

The team itself is here.

The options for who to cut are:
1 - Retire the 28 and 24 SPP skinks and drop a re-roll and the 10k in the treasury. This is probably the best option I'm just reluctant to do so due to the 28SPP skink being a single TD away from his third skill and it leaving me with only one dt/ss skink.

2 - Retire the 24, 9 and 0 SPP skinks and drop a re-roll and the 10k in the treasury. Flaw with this option is that it will leave me with only 10 players for the first tournie game, only 3 of which will be ball-handling skinks.

3 - Retire the 24 and 0 SPP skinks (to coaches) and the 2 SPP saurus and drop a re-roll. Again only 10 players, with an extra ball player in expence of a basher. Problem with that is its likely that the Saurus cannot be replaced until two games in.

Opinions appreciated.

Last edited by dr_scitt on %b %23, %2005 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta go with one. 10 players ain't gonna cut it when some are as breakable of Skinks are....

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the point of dropping players to enter a tourney, but in Grudge I can understand.
Try to loose some games to drop some FF and remove the MNG from your skink, and than opt for option1.
Or you could also drop the Saurus with only 1 cas, but of course he is one of the players that isn't breakable.

I think this is a difficult one because without skinks you won't win, so I would try to loose as few skinks as possible. Certainly skinks with skills are the ones who make you win games...but on the other hand you need to lose as much TR with as few players... sounds a tricky job.

Ain't there a tourney for -200TR teams? Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the Kroxigor... I don´t like much big guys.
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah ex the Krox he is unreliable and 6 ST4 Players will get you lots of 2DB blocks anyway

But actualy i go with El Jairo. I dont sack players for a tourny just create a new team or anything else.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

better understand that you are forbidden to play outside grudge league. Thus Scitt has the choice to play a TR 100 team or skipp the tournament or drop his Tr to 150.

I'd remove the Krox too. for 14TR you would drop to 179-14=165. only 15 to sack then

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As might be one of the opponents I may not be entirely objective.... But I would sack then entire team ;o)

Seriously; option one or loose the krox (8 SPP), a reroll, the 12 SPP skink. Making it 13+6+6+4=29. Or perhaps the gold and the 9 SPP skink. Isn't that enough?

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd retire the skink with Sidestep and catch, the skink with catch and then either the skink with 28SPPs or the one with 12 and sidestep.

You want to keep your sauri - the one without skills is just a MVP away from a skill and with some of those silly skinks gone you have a better chance of skilling him up.

Keep the Krox - he has guard and that's all he needs to be a big pain in your opponents posterior. He's a huge help against bashy and agile teams alike with his great str., guard, MB and Prehensile Tail.

Keep you RRs! Lizards need them with the many players without block, few RR skills (and I consider catch a waste of skill on a skink - sidestep and DT are much better) and it's hard to replace a RR compared to a skink who can skill up fast.

That's what I'd do anyway.

PS: Don't block with your Krox unless there's nothing to lose and you can get a 3d block - at least usually it's a bad idea. On the other hand he's great at tying up opponents and he simply walks hand in hand with the rest of the lizard team. I often have him standing back when I defend and them send him to the side of the pitch where he's more useful.
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the comments so far, keep them coming.
In response to queries so far there is a no TR Cap Grudge League tournie but theres where my TR199 Necros are Very Happy
As theres a maximum of two grudge league teams per coach I can't make a new team for the other tournie and this team has actually won something in the group so I want to keep them Wink
Redfish - probably right on the catch skink comment, I was going for a bit of variety at the time but on reflection a few more sidesteppers would have been a better option.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not much of a lizzie coach, but in general terms, i'd drop players that are easy to skill up (skinks), and probably the ones with the most SPP. (except the one with a doubles - they are harder to replace.

I wouldn't drop a RR, they are exceptionally hard to replace (it will cost you twice as much as replacing a skink), and imo 4 is ideal for a 150TR team.
10 players won't be that big a deal, but you'll have to play smart in your first game or two, and avoid letting your opponents get to the skinks (which they will no doubt try every turn).

Markus

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

id sack both catchers, and another skink. keep the rr and the krox they are worth it. sidestep and divingtackle is the best combo for skinks, apart from block and guard. You should get yourself a kicking skink asap. kick is even better than block, always my first choice of doubles. if it wasnt a tourney id sack the 28 sppoint skink, but he is in td range for the next skill, so i'd keep him to skill him up in the first tourney game.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The krox is the best Big Guy out there. Never kick a krox
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if I want to keep the re-roll the only option seems to be to retire the 28 and 24SPP skinks and one other (probably the catcher). As I can retire three skinks and a re-roll, what has more value to the team, a re-roll or the 28SPP skink? Between those options and option one really (I want to keep the Krox as my big guys don't bash too much (end of turn usually) and normally take ages to even get their first skill).
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I'd retire the skink with Sidestep and catch, the skink with catch and then either the skink with 28SPPs or the one with 12 and sidestep.

I stand by my previous statement. The RR is by far more valuable to your team - especially in the long rung. Soon your 28 SSP skink will earn a third skill and what then? He might age and unless he rolls a double or a stat increase he'll just be dead weight around your team's foot. If you really want to keep him retire the one with 12 SPPs.
 Jump to: