22 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a couple of linelfs who rolled doubles for their first two skills, for the first skill for both of them i took guard (pretty sensible i thought) but then with the next double i was a bit stuck and took jump up on one (he gets knocked over a lot and stands back up a lot (really quickly) but as a guard guy he tends to stand up and lend assists rather than do anything productive with ju). The other elf took mighty blow, and as a mighty blow guard elf he gets hit a lot, and doesn't do a whole lot of hitting. When he has block, dodge and sidestep he could be a real pain but until then he justs stands around.
Often two doubles is very good news and opens up lots of possibilities like dauntless, horned gutters or claw/rsc beastmen or blodge standfirm blitzers, but on line elves i am stuck for anything useful to do. Do you think i should have taken block as a second skill or am i just best waiting for later skills to round the players off?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have gone guard for both, then Dauntless/Jump up instead of MB/JumpUp.

But it's really up to personal preference... you should be able to skill a lineelf to 31 spps very fast, if you really try, so block is coming soon...

btw, is there anyone who plans ELF-develpment LONG TERM??? They die so quick anyway... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting dilemma indeed. I have a Stand Firm/Dodge BoB on my Orc team right now, and not a clue how to get him to 31 SPP for the block he needs to be reliable enough for his role.

In the case of elves: Your mobility should allow you to get the guarders where they need to go for the assist, then away again. Melee bashing is not a good plan for them. I would have taken the Mighty Blow as well, though not the Jump up. Just try to score with them, and you might get them the basic skills that make the doubles more useful.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Jan on the skills and as I see it is jump up a very nice skill on a guard line-elf: it make your guard a lot more mobile and a pain in the posterior.

And idd, try to score as ofter with the guarders, it is a known fact that most of the time they are first targetted to go down and stay down. So they normally are not doing al lot of blocks or anything else, Jump up makes them do it.

And dauntless is a nice skill to handle those strength and Big Guys. It can be very usefull to punch a hole in a line that normally would be unbreakable.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the name of this thread.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well, elves can defend one on one and thus I wouldn't be that scared to put him in contact of an opponent. The biggest point is that you really need to reduce moving power of bashers and force them to spread their game.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have dbl dbl trbl, just a HE Catcher with 2 stat increases... MA and AG...
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

that´s not a trouble!! that´s a gift!!
Change the thread name please...

PS.- Dauntless and Jump up
 Jump to: