77 coaches online • Server time: 20:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do ?
Fire both Niglers.
38%
 38%  [ 16 ]
Fire the RO, keep the kicker.
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Go on, and accumulate money to remplace the RO.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Go on, give kick to the next skill on a rookie linerat, and fire the old.
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Burn everybody, skavens don't deserve to survive.
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 42

Panda_

Post 10 Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=99164

This is my only and ever favorite team (an exception is the high elves that are here to play a tourny with friends). And furthermore, this team is quite long living.

My brain keep telling me to fire the RO (he has nothing special), but remplacing him is hard cause of his cost (i know it from experience, this is my 4th Rat Ogre).

One part of my brain tell me to boot the kick too, i hate niglings. But the other part say that i desesperatly need the kick skill. So i should keep him waiting to get another one, and maybe he will get a very cool skill (ant at this point i will check if i keep him or not).

As a supplementary question, what do you think of the team bio format ?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Burn everbosy 'cause it's funny, but I think the RO does have to go.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted fire both nigglers.

The RO has suffered enough in his life with 2 SIs, I think.
Of course you can keep the niggler for next skill, but Block is nothing special, and even if he gets a mutation next you should probably retire him. The team is looking really nice to me.

Firing bothe reduces your TR 30 points, so you are well in a better cash catogery, thus will earn more cash. You have a dauntless player that can take on high ST players if need be. I believe Skavens can go without RO pretty well for some game.
You also have a fresh linerat that can get kick as first skill, or give it to the Block FA linerat at third skill.

EDIT: Cool bio! Wink
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for a few burned rats. They make that nice crackling sound when on fire Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Panda, you gave me some good advice on my rats, and it has worked like a charm sofar! So my advice to you is to sack the nigglers asap. Hope it works for ya!

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire RO, keep the kicker for now, when you get another linemen skilling, take kick and fire the niggler.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire both, and give kick to someone soon.

Good bio, I like it.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted for the RO. If your next LM has kick your actual kicker is great line fodder.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
Well Panda, you gave me some good advice on my rats, and it has worked like a charm sofar! So my advice to you is to sack the nigglers asap. Hope it works for ya!

I'm greatly sensible to that.

But to come back:
The Rat Ogre is worth 20 spp.
The Linerat is worth 11 spp.

So if i fire them both, i will be at 179tr (only one category better than now for the money), I would have love to become 175tr. But i don't.

So firing only one will bring me to 190tr (RO fired) or 199tr (kicker fired). The same money category as if i fire them both.

That's another point that should make me fire only the Rat Ogre despite sergei opinion.

Maybe some others has another argument ?

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i think rat linemen have a right to die on the line of scrimage

only if he double niggles fire the kicker

The ogre - its hard, but he must go. You can play some games without him.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Fire RO, keep the kicker for now, when you get another linemen skilling, take kick and fire the niggler.

Nooooo, I think EXACTELY the same as mister Mojo. It's over, I am infected by evilness....bouhouhou

ps: seems that's what Panda_ hes done!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
SergeiBautin wrote:

I'm greatly sensible to that.

But to come back:
The Rat Ogre is worth 20 spp.
The Linerat is worth 11 spp.

So if i fire them both, i will be at 179tr (only one category better than now for the money), I would have love to become 175tr. But i don't.

So firing only one will bring me to 190tr (RO fired) or 199tr (kicker fired). The same money category as if i fire them both.

That's another point that should make me fire only the Rat Ogre despite sergei opinion.

Maybe some others has another argument ?

It's ranked, if you drop to 179 TR, you get to play against a 179 TR opponent Wink
Arcon

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

It's ranked, if you drop to 179 TR, you get to play against a 179 TR opponent Wink

Right. And you will be below 200 for at least 2 or 3 games.
Besides, playing a game with a niggler you know you will fire later on, will lead to the niggler missing that game and get the MVP for that... Wink
Panda_

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, So i did fire the Rat Ogre.

Made a match,

Earn 50k money, which bring me to 90k.
Score a touchdown wich the new rat, he missed a last turn TD, which could have bring him to get kick.
And TR Goes up to 201.

Thanks for all those advices. I hope to be able to buy another RO next match (I know he is far from beeing necessary, but he is 8ar and i never got more than that).

Advices worked well. We (all my rats, their cheering fans and me) thanks you people a lot.