26 coaches online • Server time: 07:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidCrestHill

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So does anyone know if this group still running or not?.I have been getting the cold shoulder from the_Legend,she won't return my PM's.As far as i can see no one is playing any of there games.I though this group was a great idea,maybe we just got some bad apples in the bunch(coaches who won't play there game).
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I haven't been around much folks, I moved unexpectedly in the middle of September and don't have internet access at my new place at the moment. As Monty mentioned there have been a few drop outs and I've had a hard time figuring out how to handle it. A pair of new teams have joined but we still need 2 more teams to fill out the league, also I made a point of not having too many khemri / chaos pact (the hardest hitting teams IMHO) in one division and I'm afraid that recruiting new teams would too easily throw off that balance. Also, one of the teams that left played a game before leaving the group so that simply adding a new team it it's place would be difficult to manage as that team would be at a huge disadvantage early on. I've been reluctantly considering starting over with a new completely new batch of coaches (hopefully you are all still interested) and somehow emphasize the importance of not dropping out, playing your games in a timely fasion, etc. Any input that you all may have would be much apreciated.

Thanks for your commitment and patience-
The Legend

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggested plan of action would be:

- PM those who haven't played a game, and threaten to kick them out of the group if they don't reply in 48 hours
- Ask for submissions of new teams, and allow in as many teams as will make an equal number of teams in each division (odd numbers is OK, with a minimum of eight)
- Abandon the idea of an off-line fixture list
- Start an Open Round-Robin tournament for each division, including all the current participants plus as many as will get each of them up to match the other divisions
- Force concedes for match-ups that have already been played, so that they can't be played twice
- Tell the coach who played the one who dropped out to do something about lowering his TR so that he doesn't get an unfair advantage - like retiring a player or dropping a reroll.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I see The_Legend has now deleted the Daemons & Dark Ones group entirely... is there an explanation for this?
FLo711

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, his finger slipped Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I should reconstitute this group, seeing as it has been deleted, so that the leagues can be completed... would everyone want to finish the season? I'd have the same divisions, keep the results for the games played, and make it open round-robin, like I suggested above.
FLo711

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm betting not 'everyone' will want to, but I pesonally like the idea, so If we can get enough teams, then I'm in.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I was told that the league is being scrapped and started again.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm afraid I don't have confidence in The_Legend's ability to run a group, so I'm continuing the current tournaments in a new group called Daemons & Dark Ones Reloaded. Visit that page and sign your existing D&DO teams up there (I have invited all the teams who were previously members), and we'll continue on as before with a few more teams to fill the gaps where needed.

We'll need at least 6 new teams, so if you're keen to join, make a new Khemri, Vampire, Chaos, Nurgle's Rotters, Undead, Chaos Dwarf, Necromantic or Chaos Pact tournament division team and submit it.
mrcoffee182

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I retired my team cos I thought it was all over, but I'll start up a new one and enter them in.
 Jump to: