26 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
four pages and plenty of discusion on fouling, some advice about how to play bashy against skaven and just a couple of hints on what to do when skaven outbash and outrun your elves, well one post in pag3 treats the matter (one in four pages)

Good point. Skaven vs Wood Elves (at least) = nasty for the Wood Elves.

- They can score just as fast as you can (often faster, since Gutter Runners are easy to fit on a Skaven list, while WE Catchers can be a luxury purchase).

- You can dodge away from them (although Prehensile Tail or - worse - Tentacles on an RO can make even that tricky), but they're just as quick and will catch up with you when you do.

- Whenever you roll a double-1 and drop the ball, you can be sure there'll be a Gutter Runner in range to steal it.

- Many/most Skaven teams will have a Blockle Claw SV or Linerat who has the pace to bring down your Wardancer however far away he tries to hide (and there may be a fast-moving DP following up).

--

What's that? You wanted advice on how to <i>beat</i> the Skaven? Damn, I thought you were just looking for problems ... Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Load yourself up with guards and have a couple MB/tackle.

VoilĂ . Here you are a skaven meal.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

Good point. Skaven vs Wood Elves (at least) = nasty for the Wood Elves.

I beg to differ...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1011965

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2005 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Idolen wrote:
I beg to differ...

Well one match tells us little. 5-4 suggests both sides were scoring fast, when the Skaven would've been well-advised to take their time a bit and wear the Wood Elves down.

To give an example supporting my own points: in the bio of the Forest Fools their coach Mr_Launcher notes '... that skaven teams cause as many casualties against the Fools per game as orcs teams do'. I'm willing to bet that Skaven have beaten them more often than Orcs too.

Jump to: