15 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the criticisms of fumbbl that is heard all the time is that the community is so large that they can pick and choose what teams they play. They can look at the roster of their prospective opponent and go.. too many blodgers, too manmy PO etc etc.

What if there was a blind division? where you can't view your opponents rosters or race only their tr/str.

I know we already have quite a few divisions. But I think playing games where both players are blind to the opponents team would add something to the playing community. And force players into playing the games they often refuse.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

yea... that was me who made the previous post, I forgot to log out of my brothers account Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem will still remain unless you remove the race also. The only people wanting to play in such a 'Blind' league would be people wanting to 'trick' people into playing their unbalanced bashy teams. Or if there are a few honest players who aren't they will be tarred with the same brush. Without being able to see the roster people will just expect you have something to hide. To be extra careful I believe it will force people to play even more conservatively. If people are so upset that their teams aren't gettign to play then let them join ANARCHIST or the Fumbbl Cup or a variety of other leagues. Tournament is the only place where you dont choose your opponent and encourages each and every coach to attempt some kind of balanced competitive play, this is why i barely play any more open games except to build up my tourney teams.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already enough stuff around and a blind division would probably go the way that ladder has gone and people will lose interest.
Fumbbl Cup etc is there for those *special* teams that everyone hates or doesnt play, that way they must play them Wink

Jump to: