64 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chefnekromant

Post 9 Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing numberous matches I found one topic I would like to talk about.

I think the rule about fumbles should be rearranged. I cannot find any reason, why a long pass or long bomb is more likely a fumble than a quick pass.

So I think that the target to throw the ball should be set higher, the longer the pass is. And not deduct from the roll so the modified 1 is a lot easier to roll.

I don't argue about opponent players standing adjacted to the thrower, who try to let him fumble the ball. Tackle zones should be deducted.

Anyone wanna dicuss this?? And anyone knows, if there is maybe already a prospected change in rule?
Bretter

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. If you want to throw a pass in excess of 40 yards, you really have to heave the ball. Not only is it harder to hit your target, but you are throwing with much more force, making it harder to hold on to properly.

From a game play perspective, you logically need to have your passer in the pocket longer allowing defensive players a chance to get in your face. I thin k the negative modifier adds to the realism... IMHO
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That is why you take strong arm and accurate. To help the chance your thrower does not fumbbl. Any other player than a thrower or passer should not be passing the ball and more than likely, will fumbbl long passes. Imagine trying to throw 50 yards with shoulder pads and armour on.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. He said fumbbl instead of fumble.
Hecropolix

Post 22 Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What does FUMBBL stand for anyway?
whitey

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a competition sometime back, who could come up with what he FUM stands for. The BBL is blood bowl league.
 Jump to: