46 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
What if instead of factions 3 a, b, c and d there was only one large faction 3 and similarily only one faction 2? This would probably make it easier to find games in those factions. Now I do realize that the current system has been created for a reason, so could someone explain what are the benefits of separate groups at the same faction level?

Yeah I can't figure this out either. One big group would help, after all some coaches, apparently all the elf teams, are getting games. But I had trouble too in F3C, so I dropped back down into FQ and I can get games, now I just need to post a win one of these games! Rolling Eyes

Tho I must say I play an orc team with a 10 FF and have played against a dwarf and Khemri team with 4 and 5 FF and the winnings were small. That might help the Bashy teams to get games....*Shrug*
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah 20 people at each group is to few. Around 50 would be much better. And then when more guys join faction division (since it will be easier to find games) a faction level can be separated into 3b 3c etc.

The best way to find a game is to go to the faction page and see who is online and then ask him or her for a game in the chat.
milnestar

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What do think of this ?

I believe that in faction it is a league and as a result you should not be able to refuse matches. eg in the Premiership West Brom can't say to Man Utd sorry don't want to play you, you are too good. That sucks. ( for americans - replace West Brom with Jets and Man Utd with Cowboys ! )

so

IMO if you decline a faction match i.e you are online and refuse to play ( the most annoying is when it is regarding FF ) then you should pick up minus points?

Yeah - Good IDea ? In faction cherry picking should be seriously frowned upon !

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

bad idea lol. You can't simply force players to play. If I must go in ten minutes and you ask me to play, i'll get a penality? that cannot work.

I used to like faction, I start to love more tournaments. lol.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah how do you decide when a coach has refused to play?

I really like the idea of a league where people cant refuse games, but it's going to be unpopular with lots of coaches and I can see it being swamped by Dwarfs and the other basher teams.

I hate 'elf bowl' as much as the next minotaur Cool

but some people just don't like to see thier players go squish.

I get the feeling faction may be deader than a dead thing. I like being able to play whenever and with as few restrictions a possible, faction just dosen't work for me Sad
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

but how do you know from the faction page who is online: is tthat the little "person" icons that are black or green?
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The icons that are green are those who are currently online.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's how I managed to get games. Watch on who's online an then, go on chat and work on them so they accept to play. And have elves, as I had lol.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

dunno about how elves are in faction, i've brought a lil Zon team, and everyone just refuses to play em... I challenged an Orc coach yesterday, he woulda had 40 pts str more than me (160 vs 120) and he turned me down... very encouraging Smile

i think an example of how players avoid games goes like this. I asked a player for a faction match, he checked my teams, and said 'how about a ranked match xxx vs my yyy team. In both cases he would have had higher TS. i was in the mood for faction so i turned his offer down instead. beat that...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Best Thread revival I've ever seen.

/me applauds