23 coaches online • Server time: 01:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

+st
shadowing
claw/sf

1. A basic skaven thrower is just a linerat with a few skills. With +ST he'll just give you a bit more punch.

2. Blodge, Side Step, shadowing GR's are a pain to your oppo when you're defending, just kick deep, cover his ball retriever with a gutter like that, to buy some time to get the rest of your rats around his front line, between the ball and his players. For example my skaven team scores more on defence than offence.

3. SF is excellent with guard, but it will mean he's gonna take a lot more blocks, so that will also lower his survival rate. Claw would be a good choice to make some room to the field, it doesn't scare elves as much as RSC, but will give you more armor breaks, which means room on the field. And it's nice to blitz those av9 players, knowing you're on the same level with armor rolls. But it will make him a prime candidate for fouling too. Anyway I'd go for claw, since you're gonna end up playing some bashers too, and with ag3 you can't dodge the whole game.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess, that everyone agrees with me: Thrower get +ST (Oh, my bad that's the fisrt +ST of the team in 84 matchs).

The 2 others are really tricky, and everyone has good arguments:

Keeping the Deep Blitzing Role to the Gutter ? Often He is short of some cases to the thrower, so the shadowing choice may be cool.
Making him a pain shadowing Catchers/Throwers ?

Horns is really really good, consider Horns and frenzy on the next double !
The bad point is that with Horns, once an oponent stick to the player, there is no way to use it. The defence postions is already tricky (to protect the gutters is already hard), but if i need one more player to defend to blitz it is impossible.
I know that skaven need punching power, and i think i would give him punch power.
Claws should be followed by Spikes or Foul Apparence if he rolls another Double.
The choice is still Claw or Horns.

SergeiBautin had a really long time playing those skaven (more than me), and his arguments sounds well feting to my feelings. I really have considerations for his advices but i need more reflexion time.

It would be really easier to get a double on the Gutter hence i would have that horn that i really need to punch through hard defences.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
But doesn't the claw scare elvish players ?

my guess would be that your DP scare them more than claw does..
Brad

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST, Shadow, Prehensile Tail (Everyone worrys about the RO and forgets the others can take Mutations)

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2006 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

As a player of dark and high elf teams, i'm not scared to play against a claw. Now if there are 4 claws, 3 rsc, and a couple MB, I may pass on that game.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If your oppenents are mainly elfs

1. +str
2. shadowing or pass block, always fun with blodge and sidestep
3. Foul App, reason...1 out of 6 times, your not blocked. second it makes it difficult to pass effectively. Third if your not blocked, that push back or knock down that would have happened, doesn't occur. Making guard all that more annoying.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, just looked at your team Panda. They look great! A bit like mine, we seem to play our rats the same way. Btw, all those FA linerats are priceless! Mine has won me more games than the others combined i think! Lol, with the thrower at St4, they are almost the same team, apart from the DP of course. Looks very nice my friend!

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Horn is very cool. But i will take it in the future. Thanks for your advices, their strenghtened my plans. Now, we can let this topic die Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If this discussion is done, I'd like to point out that it's called "replace", not "remplace" (referring to the new RO). I've seen you write remplace before as well, and it looks really weird to my eyes Smile
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, one match done, and the team need another build.

I must find something to play orcs that doesn't rely on their mistakes.