71 coaches online • Server time: 23:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do with my gold (80k)?
Hire Prince Moranion (70k)
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
Buy a second phoenix warrior (80k)
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Save it for a dragon warrior or lion warrior later
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 39

Leto

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Freebooting isn't a terrible option. If I could roll higher than a 1 for my winnings, I might even be able to afford a permanent dragon warrior after the match. I'll think about that, thanks for reminding me!
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Freebooting is a decent option. especially if your concerned about having enough players for next match. I would consider freebooting a lineelf for some line fodder.

Wizard is best option to win the match. You just have to hope the injury dice are kind to you.

My Two Cents.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

have you really understood that he has 4 games left? Have you looked at the roster at all? I don't see a terrible hard matchup there thus think on the rest of the games is a good option.

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The injury dice are never kind to me, at least not when I am trying to deal injuries. I think that knocking down the mummies once with a fireball isn't going to be really productive. I actually don't think I'll need the wizard in order to win. I could win without spending any money at all. My concern is really having at least eleven players available for the next game (which is often the main concern of elves). A freebooter (or two), or Prince Moranion would help me in this department.
I could save my money and risk it, and hire whatever freeboters I need for the next game, or hire a new permanent player. The freebooting option is looking like the best choice right now. Hiring a star might precipitate my opponent also hiring a star (probably Count Luthor), which would make things worse. A freebooter shouldn't provoke a reaction like that.
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would freeboot a lineelf for this game and don't worry about the next until you know your situation. Two reasons; a.) it will let you field a full roster with a good chance of winning, and b.) it uses up the least amount of your money so that you have the most options after this game. During play use the freebooter lineelf for the most dangerous plays whenever possible, like putting him on the line or when you have to park someone next to a mummy, and that will increase the odds that he is a casualty rather than a perm player. I'm sure you already knew that, just reminding you that you can factor that in to this decision.

If you want to make an even smarter decision, break down all your possible gate winnings, assume a casualty in this upcoming game and then factor that in as well by doing some 'mock' purchases. If you have high odds of leaving some money on the table after your next purchase, then freeboot a Lion or Dragon instead of a lineelf for this game.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

since when have elves worried about having 11 players on the field?

money says if you have 11 the first block he throws will cause a CAS.
Leto

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally finished the Spike tournament. I did not spend any money on the undead game, won 3-1 with 1 SI and 1 BH (apothecary was used on another SI). I only made 40k after the game, so it is a good thing I didn't spend too much. Played skaven in the final, they bought their rat ogre as expcted. I hired Prince Moranion for that game, he proved his worth throughout the game, knocking out the rat ogre once and using 4 str to make a difference against the other skaven. I won the final as well, 5-4 in overtime (they have a 1 turn gutter runner).
Drud

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Smile
 Jump to: