59 coaches online • Server time: 20:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have several troubles to beat the orcs with a fast team like skaven.

I managed to win against them when the TR is not high.
But when i get to 200TR and more, orcs and Chaos Dwarfs are impossible to beat.

Not just that they win the game, but they also break my team in the process. I can't find something to prevent them.

When i receive the kickoff, i don't manage to delay my touchdown enough to trouble them.
And when they recieve the kick, even if it's deep in their half, they already have a correct thrower that throw the ball near their cage and i can't help but being beated to death.

With those skavens, they can't dodge out 1 case like others elfs, and they can't bash them like humans can do.

I don't like the oneturner thing. But is it the only way to get the draw ?

I repeat that the poll is about ~200+ TR orcs !

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %22, %2006 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i have to agree with you to some extend i must admit that i kinda try to avoid CDs and orcs with mjy own skaven teams i have 1 atm with more then 20 matches and i ionly played vs orcs once i think i won that one though but i do have a one turner hehe maybe thats why i dont know, but i do agree that its hard to play orcs with skaves
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't know why, cause I never rethink my games after I have played them, but my skaven has beaten a lot of chaos dwarves and orcs....
The win/draw/loss record is:
Orc: 21/ 10/ 6
cd: 17/ 3/ 5

The main reason I win sometimes, is because of blodge, side step, diving tackle runners.

And then patience...its really about waiting for your opponent to fail. Don't worry about 3+ dodges and don't worry about loosing players, cause you will...but protect your runners and throwers
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have this problem too....but with Amazons

iwe lost all my games against them
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing i have to remind you is that it was possible to get a result under 170 TR. But after it is really harder. The subject is for after 200TR.

Every matchs i have played, they don't do any mistakes. Or if they made one, it's hard for me to profit of it. Because, i need to put players into bad conditions AND the dices rolls are not easy.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Spectate games or watch replays of dedicated skaven coaches like AFK_Eagle, Fanatic, Mr_QB, Dreadclaw, Skeleoboy, Bendrig, Gitzbang, etc. Should help normaly.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this for a replay, great fun and interesting too!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=741345
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Watching some of your replays, I'd just say not to rely so much on the Rat Ogre.
He's fairly expensive and fragile to be putting on the LOS.
Also, try not to start your turn with the Rat Ogre blocking/blitzing when another
reroll-capable player could be making the same move. The block-less
Rat Ogre will occasionally fail his attacks and fall down, and there will be
nothing you can do about it. You should try to use the rest of your team
first so that when the RO fails, your team won't be in a position to get pounded
by the players they could have been blocking.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SF, +str, guard probably makes an orken cage something nearly impossible to break. Try to pressure them early on, force them to get hasty, no basher coach likes that.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't fight them. The problem with Skaven is that they can look bashier than they are. The RO, and a few Claws do not mean they should try that game against the AV 9 teams. Act like a brand-new team, and you might get better results. Hit when you have to, not when you want to.

and get into their backfield before the cage forms if at all possible.