61 coaches online • Server time: 23:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of wizards either, I play both running and bashing teams. Never been a fan of the cards or the wizards, mainly for TD interfering instances. Ruins the game, and isn't really as 'fun' as some people seem to think.

I know Fumbbl follows the LRB as close as possible, but if you look at the Fumbbl Cups, you can see Star Players are blatantly ruining the fun and atmosphere. And now we have Wizards, I bet the next Fumbbl Open will be even more silly once we get to the last few games. Will no longer be about building the perfect team, it will be about saving up cash, hiring Wizards every game (and Morg) and praying you don't get nailed by another coaches wizard as you're trying to run in a vital touchdown to score and move onto the next round. Wow! Exciting! About as much fun as sticking needles into my eyes. Gotta love the trade off of strategy for random chaos.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t like wizards, but if it is in the rules I will have to accept it. I do remember the good old days at the table playing WITHOUT wizards. But I must admit they are evening out the odds for the AG-teams vs the Bashingteams. But what about the cards? I in particular remember the card grudge match. I don´t think it would be a good idea to put the cards back in play. I see your point and it is more random play with wizards, but remember this isn´t the NFL it is bloodbowl, a game for fun. Now you have more to think about and worry about. I try to see the positive side. If it was me in charge no wizards would be aloud, but I don´t mind them that much.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I don't think the more random a game is the better.

The argument about agile vs bashy teams seems to me a bit fragile.
I usually play agile teams and I can say that, even if is true that they have better chances to dodge fireballs, such players have usually low AV.
Following the LRB...
Quote:
Make an Armour roll for any player that is knocked over as if they had been knocked over by a player with the Mighty Blow skill.

You can see that for all those who don't manage to dodge it will be painful.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Its also a good way to stop stalling. If your opponent can score, and sees you have a wizard, might not stall, since there is a good chance that you can dash their chances of scoring...

Z
Squaq

Post 24 Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My expirience is that wizards allways fail... so whats the problem.

I really don't see the wizard as a problem... its not a random event that just happens.
You know from the start that your opponent got a wizard and therefore have to plan your strategi after that.
It might not be a good strategi to smash the opponent to bits and score in the last turn and make a honourable 1-0 (7-0) victory.

Wizards brings an extra dimension into BB! Making it 3D Wink
 Jump to: