46 coaches online • Server time: 17:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I start all my Orc teams with 7 positionals (1 thrower + any combination of BO and Blitzers) and 3RR.

My orc teams win the vast majority of their games.

Personally I like the 4 BO 2Blitzer start because the blitzers do not need the SPP head start the BOs do.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

How about...you don't play orcs?

How many orc teams are there...a million?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's put it 2 million.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

6815, over 1,200 more than the next most popular, Skaven:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race&nav=&order=2

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm trying to cobble together an Orc team myself...

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you missed my orks in that count colin! Very Happy
Their starting lineup was 4 blitzers, 2 catchers, 1 thrower, 4 linos, 3 RR, apoth and 6 FF (i think)

Afroman

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

well, BOBs have it allways hard when it comes in getting skills.
You could do a conventional Orcteam and follow any of the advices you get here, or get can take advantage of the orcs greatest assets!

12 Lineorcs 600 k
5 rr 300 k

the last 100 k you can distribute as you want.

THis team is cheap, gets you a lot of rr and when you start getting those positionals, you will have some good linemans.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Afroman wrote:
well, BOBs have it allways hard when it comes in getting skills.
You could do a conventional Orcteam and follow any of the advices you get here, or get can take advantage of the orcs greatest assets!

12 Lineorcs 600 k
5 rr 300 k

the last 100 k you can distribute as you want.

THis team is cheap, gets you a lot of rr and when you start getting those positionals, you will have some good linemans.

The problem is that they'll hardly win many games to begin with.

And you're forgetting the most important thing - orcs don't NEED good lineorcs. 4 Blitzers, 4 BOBs, a thrower and a troll already take up 10 position spots. What to do with all those skilled lineors? You'll maybe need 1 DP and then the rest is really just luxury skills. Much more important to get some skilled BOBs as they really carry the team forward.
FreshFruitFiend

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help. It's very interesting to see all the suggestions.

Only problem is now I have a hard time finding games! : )

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep playing with those woodies, the fun is to make the team survive even through the death and injuries of players.

Note to all those Elfbowler, you should give a match to some strong team every 2-3 match, to build again between.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="RedFish
don't NEED good lineorcs. 4 Blitzers, 4 BOBs, a thrower and a troll already take up 10 position spots. Much more important to get some skilled BOBs as they really carry the team forward.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

The key to a successful Orc team is getting 2/3 skills on each BOB.

Once these have block/guard + 1 other (mb/bt/tackle or sf/dt on doubles) even the strongest opponents will hit a solid wall of green guarding av9 solid flesh. Only claw/rsf and get the ref should scare you (a bit) then.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

4 bobs
4 blitzers
1 troll
1 thrower
1 gobbo

thats 11 positionals + 1 rr + ff 9

You play these by eating opponent rr:s by walking bobs and the troll next to them, and you only block with blitzers, so you wont lose rr:s (you only got one to lose so its important). The gobbo is for fouling, and for funny TTM in the end when you have already won. Use clean box tactics. It's important to foul a lot with the gobbo so that he is thrown out by ref and wont get killed. Troll is good cause it rarely dies. Thrower is there so you wont need rr:s to pick up the ball, but be sure to make a good box for him.
Traitor

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to skill up BoBs early, you need lots of rerolls, because even with str 4, there's alot of skull/skullpows lurking around the corner. Also, dont skimp on your fan factor. First, it helps you find games. Second, if you wanna start with some good rerolls, you'll have to sacrifice some positional players at the startup, and it really helps if you can pick them up faster once you get started.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the only advice that you needed was to keep playing against those AV 7 (or less) teams Smile

Question: do you enjoy playing as Orcs or do you prefer a more agile game.

Jump to: