68 coaches online • Server time: 16:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do?
Just play with it as it is
48%
 48%  [ 20 ]
Retire the witch
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Retire the lino
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Retire both nigglers
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
other
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41

Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Underdark Nightmares are my longest living team ever. So far I always have been confident to know how to handle them even at high TR. Right now I am not so sure any more. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have 12 players in total. A Lino (Block, Dirty Player) is missing next game, and there are 2 nigglers:
Xuldra Poison: Witch Elf (Dodge, Jump Up, Frenzy, Block, +ST, Tackle; 41 SPPs)
Gargonna: Lineman (Guard, Dodge, Block, Side Step; 56 SPPs)

I can not get myself to retire the ST4 witch, but maybe I should do right that. The Lino can get retired more easily I think, although her skills make her pretty good.
To retire one of them would bring me down below 251 TR, but also down to 10 players (provided the other niggler shows up). Less players means more beating. So that could be a dangerous road to travel?

Does it make sense, not to change anything to make sure I have 11 players to field? Should I keep them? Would you retire both of them? There is always the chance for less cas against in the next games, but there won´t be too many winnings (and it is only a chance...).

Well, I guess I´d like to hear: Keep them and the team will earn money, then replace the nigglers. But I feel the answer will be a different one.

Last edited by Arcon on %b %01, %2006 - %14:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Always try to keep 11 players on the field. I have a feeling the witch will die soon enough, but... tough call. Two nigglers is getting to be risky..... DO NOT retire the MNG player, you'll end up out of money and in deep regret as per Murphy.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the witch.

You already have two +ST tackle blitzers so you don't really need her now.
She will drag your TR down one step and winnings will be 10k more. And you will have 11 players next game.

As for the lino... he must live on the LoS from now on. A sidestep guard blodger is invaluable on the los against oneturn TDs and Big Guys, AND if he gets injured or killed you won't use your apo.

This is my advice (even tho I admit I'd sack both nigglers and play with 10 players.... but everybody knows I'm a fool).

Jan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion: just play as it is and don't use your apoth on the nigglers. If they get injured they will have to be fired Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Impresive team, I voted "retire the witch" because of the two +st tackle blitzers and the +ag leap strip ball lino, you really don't depend on her for attack or defense but something like play next match then retire the witch if you have eleven players would be good also... high tr, 12 players, don't retire both of them!... why I have not that many +st? it would be nice Wink
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Scrimage duty for the two nigglers and no apo for them. On their next niggling retirement.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

keep the nigglers and try to get as much more of them as possible Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think like ris', keep them and get money. You don't have any choice. If you retire them and you get unluckily hurt, you can:
1-forget about your nice CR. the recovery process may be long
2-transfer the team in U.

IMO, no choice left for you.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

well, mostly you still seem to be getting a bit of income, so that isn't too much of a concern yet ... but the more niggles you build up, the harder it is to get back to a full team.

i'd probably just chuck them on the los, and wait for them to next get injured, or to be able to afford a replacement.

Brad

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with everyone (almost) else.

Niggles get LOS duty, and lose all APO privilidges. Hopefully you'll get some more elves before they depart permanently.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the witch when you can afford a new one, all niggles LOS til they can be replaced.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the imput. I´ll play the next game with an unchanged team. Sadly I can´t guess when I have the time for that, so it may take some days/weeks.
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the witch as a crowdpusher machine. With ST4 he wont need many assists, and prolly the oppo will focus their team forces on crowdpush her after that, and you´ll have time to bash his team easily. The lack of Side step on her will help you to drop TR fast (she´ll die soon in the crowd), so this way you´ll solve the problem of retiring her.

The other niggler, as has been said, is good for the LOS. No doubt about it.

And personally, I don´t like the -ag dirty player. Indeed I don´t like players with less than 4AG in an elf team, so I´ll replace him just after the witch.
 Jump to: