85 coaches online • Server time: 20:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi fling lovers!!
´
I´ve started my second fling team (the first one is the Great halfling world tour, which I think is doing pretty well by now), and actually I have no idea on what to do with them. I mean, the best way of develope them.

This is the Team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=237836
They´ve suffered a lot of Casualtyes, but happily just four of them was deaths, and now I have a lot of money to spend, but don´t know which is the best way of spend it. Should I buy another rerroll? Should I save the money? Should I fire the nigglers and buy new players or hire Deeproot?

Any advice will be welcomed.

I need some particular classes on attack and defence as well. Do you know about any good fling guide? Many thanks
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would get rid of the nigglers as a first priority. You will find yourself giving away handicaps pretty often, so keeping nigglers on board seems like a bad idea to me.

Other than that, I'm totally clueless about how to play with flings, so I won't bother with any opinions there Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The only tactic I reckon to stunties is to take dirty players.
I myself hate the skill, but I can't see a stunty team being any competitive against a "real" team without fouls...

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at least retire the niggler without skill.
I myself rarely hire Deeproot. I prefer to spend the money on chefs. Stealing rerolls from other team is the best way to victory. And for this reaseon I wouldn´t buy more than 4 rerolls for the team. Other teams rerolls just work fine.

On offence I always try not to rely on TTM TDs if there are enough turns to run it home. with sidestep/diving tackle dodgers you can quite well form a loose cage. A fragile one, but if it lasts for 2 turns, it is all you need. On defence, I always place a fresh Halfling directly behind every tree. In case of a Blitz result and no tackle zone on one of them or after an early turnover in turn 1 you can throw one of them deep to get the ball. There is no better way of scoring a TTM TD than the one on defence after the opponent got a turnover.
It just feels so great and if it happens in turn 1 of the game it also has some demoralizing effect. Wink

On doubles, take dirty player. I took block the first time and have created a really good Blitzer. But you should aim for 1, better 2 dirty players for your team. On normal rolls, take side step diving tackle.
And, oh, try to block 3d with your trees. Especially at the beginning. A triple skull does happen, but not as often as a double one..

So, fire at least on niggler (can keep the others for LoS). Buy replacements and burn the cash for chefs, do not buy more rerolls and don´t bother hiring Deeproot. And keep having fun while playing the little ones!
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice Arcon. I´ll try to make the cage on attacking, let´s see if it works for me.

Quote:

On defence, I always place a fresh Halfling directly behind every tree. In case of a Blitz result and no tackle zone on one of them or after an early turnover in turn 1 you can throw one of them deep to get the ball. There is no better way of scoring a TTM TD than the one on defence after the opponent got a turnover.

And what to do in case of no blitz result in the kickoff??
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's always been my dream to get an ag 3 tree... make lots of teams untill you get one! Then throw team mates at passing players!

On a more / less serious note, I like to try to throw my halflings at the opposing players when all else fails... Doesn't work very often, but when it does, you can be left in a decent situation usually!
Plorg

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Well, at least retire the niggler without skill.
I myself rarely hire Deeproot. I prefer to spend the money on chefs. Stealing rerolls from other team is the best way to victory. And for this reaseon I wouldn´t buy more than 4 rerolls for the team. Other teams rerolls just work fine.

On offence I always try not to rely on TTM TDs if there are enough turns to run it home. with sidestep/diving tackle dodgers you can quite well form a loose cage. A fragile one, but if it lasts for 2 turns, it is all you need. On defence, I always place a fresh Halfling directly behind every tree. In case of a Blitz result and no tackle zone on one of them or after an early turnover in turn 1 you can throw one of them deep to get the ball. There is no better way of scoring a TTM TD than the one on defence after the opponent got a turnover.
It just feels so great and if it happens in turn 1 of the game it also has some demoralizing effect. Wink

On doubles, take dirty player. I took block the first time and have created a really good Blitzer. But you should aim for 1, better 2 dirty players for your team. On normal rolls, take side step diving tackle.
And, oh, try to block 3d with your trees. Especially at the beginning. A triple skull does happen, but not as often as a double one..

So, fire at least on niggler (can keep the others for LoS). Buy replacements and burn the cash for chefs, do not buy more rerolls and don´t bother hiring Deeproot. And keep having fun while playing the little ones!

I agree with almost everything here, except:
- I like Diving Tackle before Side Step.
- Get as many DPs as you can.

Also, if a Treeman rolls a double, consider taking Pro before Block.
Pro is usable on TTM passes, Take Root, Stand up, GFI, and even rerolling those 3 dice blocks.
Since the Treeman has to succeed a roll every turn in order to be able to move (two rolls if prone), a built-in chance to reroll is golden.
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Need more advices people, please.
After a bloody match after norses (two of them died) 3 flings MNG and both AG4 stars niggled (and MNG). That leaves me with only 11 players for the next maxt. What should I do? Fire both AG4 (nigglers) and hire two rookies? Fire just the one with two niggles and hire Deeproot for the next match?

No idea on what to do, so anyone will be welcomed.

Thanks!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire, fire, fire. Hire new rookies. Flings win on numbers and RR, not stars! Get some extra ingredients maybe, as well. Niggles begone!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like Deeproot. He gives you someone that can throw Flings with a reroll in case of a fumble.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

They are on a good way and should be able to get above 200TR so they could enter the next Warpstone Open and become proud delegation of halflingkind

SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this:

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7779
heinz

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
I actually like Deeproot. He gives you someone that can throw Flings with a reroll in case of a fumble.

And after vault/5.0 all trees will have strong arm Very Happy

I agree with the dp advice, but for team maxing, I would take 1 or 2 blocks first on fling doubles.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait to buy your extra ingredients before any match until you see how many RRs your opponent has, and buy accordingly. Remember you get one chef roll for free, so if the opponent for example has 3 rerolls, you'll want to put down 40k for 2 extra chef rolls, probably.

Buying ingredients is supposed to be part of the prematch sequence so you're certainly not doing anything underhanded by doing so, and anybody who plays against flings should be fully expecting to have several of their rerolls stolen.
 Jump to: