67 coaches online • Server time: 22:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven`t used kick with orcs yet. Why should I? Orc-Blitzers lack the agility AND the speed to break through and harass the backfield as elven-blitzers can and kicking to the weak side near the LoS rarely helps you either. So better use the linos for the 2 things they were made for:
Absorbing hits and foul.

So their skill choices are block and DP and mayve guard for the overachievers who roll doubles. You don`t wanna have them getting more SPP, because that will be a waste for sure.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

/me has AG 5 blitzer....

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with using linos to get pounded on, but I strongly disagree with the idea that kick is a trivial skill for orcs just because they're not particularly good at harassing the backfield.

For one thing, orcs play most of their games against other bashy teams that don't scoop up the ball as easily. Kick means an extra turn the opponent getting the ball up, even if backfield turnovers are rare (they do happen once in a while, however, and when they do, it's a gamewinner in a low possession bashy game). That extra turn is a turn to turn the tables on the offense, get in good position, and start bashing it, which a strong orc team can do. A good kick makes it hard for the opponent to run a sealing play up one side which can be a tough challenge to stop.
nin

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

after your first +st on a lino/blitzer, puting a st4 ag2 BOB on the los stops being that great a concern Smile
and you can allways put Troll,BOB,lino (better if the BOB has Block Stand Firm) instead of BOB,Troll,BOB or lino,Troll,lino and play asimetricall, it should be anoying (admitedly I use to play elves and love this BOB,Troll,BOB three less if I get past hehe)
 Jump to: