45 coaches online • Server time: 01:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No humans, no skavens, no ogres, only one undead? How depressing. Sad

Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that shows how balanced Blood Bowl really is.
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And even more depressing... vault rules has failed to fix it.
Grouchy

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what do you know, ruling against the guy from the UK.... who said racisim is dead?

Well played.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a simple solution. Set a fixed maximum TR (say at 220ish) and BB is much more balanced. Then let people micromanage their teams (one might want a long bench and another fewer but better players).

But wait, doesn't that idea sound familiar. Oh yeah, it was included at some point in the Vault rules. Don't know if it still is but I think it would be worth a shot to try it out.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, dont know, ok, this tourney contains mainly of basher and high AV Teams but on the other hand: Where have they been in Fumbbl Cup? Semis were only elfes. We should not forget this.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Grouchy wrote:
Well what do you know, ruling against the guy from the UK.... who said racisim is dead?

Well played.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA *hands you a tissue*

cry a little why don't you?

Melmoth wrote:
Hm, dont know, ok, this tourney contains mainly of basher and high AV Teams but on the other hand: Where have they been in Fumbbl Cup? Semis were only elfes. We should not forget this.

good point melmoth...so correct me if i'm wrong....but the fact that there's alot of bashy teams in the warpstone tourney, means that we need to reevaluate the tourney process?...but the abundance of elfball teams in the FC is completely ignored?...wow...man....the high TR ranks are flooded with bashy teams....what the hell did you expect?....get a grip guys, it's just a game....grats to those who made it, and to those who didn't...go play in the UI so you can have your pansy pillowball

--j

ImageImage
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
SideshowBob, did you buy the wizard and Morg before the coin toss was made or when you entered the Finals?
If yes, why should SideshowBob try to avoid to play the qualifiying and risk the senseless buy of these "features"?

Because Grouchy is a relative of Voorn? Cool
Csonti

Post 13 Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Grouchy wrote:
Thats a total disgrace, Knocked out because my opponent didnt make himself avaible for games...... this is unfair and totaly unsportsmanlike.

I should go through I played the harder games and have been avaible all week....

I would like you to reconsisder this serious, clear error.

SideshowBob had a much better team, and he is most probably also a better coach than you are by many levels. Also bought a wizard as somebody pointed out and was avalaible most of the time. Actually that final could bring him some nice spps, possible ff increase and some money. So indeed, it's quite resonable that you accuse him. At least now you should try to act like a real man: KEEP IN SILENCE after what you did!
Actually I was quite surprised that Flix decided it on a cloin flip, so you should be glad that your underhand tactic was good for a 4+. And I'm glad that you failed it, even if that means that I'll face the most brutal orc team I ever saw in the first round, instead of your crappy chaos bunch. Hope you will never enter another tour.
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Splatter wrote:
I think this will be a battle between Petter and Fisherking and the one thats manage to dodge the chaos teams will win Smile
Yep, my money is on those two guys, too.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Who will win? Perhaps Blizzix' Spinebustaz, because they are the richest team and Orcs can hire so many cool and useful Stars for their gold coins.

Dominik

Post 21 Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is Dominik's analysis for the Warpstone Open.

Let's start with a short interpretation of the shape and the strengths and weaknesses of every team:

Graveyard Afterparty
With a full roster, steady mummies and two +ST/AG increases, this team looks solid.
The fan factor is at an agreable level and three dirty players will help to counter the slightly reduction by every round against Orcs and Chaos with their mighty blow on AV8.
Unfortunately, the Ghouls have nothing expectional, that means Graveyard Afterparty will have to rely more as it should on this wonderful 6448 Wight - an easy target for every opponent blitzer.
Well, the team strength wasn't so hight, if this team hadn't something special in their roster... it is Count von Drakenborg, which WILL help this team to brake the one or other wall of Black-Orc Blockers.

Their biggest weakness is of course the racial affiliation .
Too less agile to dodge, too weak to build up and bring down a cage to the scoring line.

Summary: A solid but not uber team with an expectional coach. Slightly outsider for this tourney.

Odds for the final victory: 1/20

Orkische DIsziplin
Team Rating 311? Maybe it's because of this wonderful ogre, which is just gorgeous. A class of it's own and a possible match winner.
Let's switch to the
strengths:
  • 4x +ST, two dodging Blitzers and
  • one strong Black-Orc Blocker (Blodge, Mighty Blow).
    This team can easily push every opponent aside and let then AG4 Blitzer with strip ball go for the ball carrier.

Weaknesses:
  • FF 19 isn't really a weakness, but <20 can hurt if it is a kick-off result like Get the Ref!.
  • The second weakness are the niggling injuries on the +ST Blitzers.
    A virus or just unfortune niggle rolls can get him loose the edge of having such strong players.
    Nevertheless, this team is absolutely a favourite if not the favourite of this tourney.
Odds for the final victory: 1/3

Vanguard of the Black Ark
For me this team looks like it was very lucky reaching the finals, because their roster is very common and they have nothing special (expect one AG5 Leap Elf.
13 Players for 4 rounds of full of tacklers and dirty players seem to less.
Five blodgers aren't also enough to try risky movements or to simply dodge away from this painful LOS monsters.
The weakest team at Warpstone Open.

Odds for the final victory: 1/100

Inhumanitas III
A lovely Chaos team with a nasty claw/rsc combo.
It also owns a tackler with claws for
a) heavier dodging ball carriers (like Orc blitzers and Bull Centaurs)
b) all puny Elves

Let's have a detailed look:
  • It's always an advantage to have +ST on bigger guys like BOB's or Sauri then on Blitzers or linemen.
    KidCrestHill has two of it. That's a plus.
  • Faced with claws, they will have no problems at controlling every line of scrimmage. Furthermore, the team has niggling injuries.
  • FF 20 and two dirty players is solid enough to keep slapping players and have an numerical advantage in an eventually overtime.

Weaknesses:
  • Defintely the lack of good ball carriers. A MA7 sure hands beastman without block isn't not the ideal. Using the MA7 dirty player seems to me like a waste.
    Every move should be thoughtful in order to avoid holes in the line. Once the way is bared, the beastman has to dodge or throw the ball – a displeasing situation in such an important tournament.
Odds for the final victory: 1/5

Black Axe
The second “best” orc team in this cup.
The worst player of the possible eleven has “only” 16 star player points.
Good developed Black-Orc Blockers, a blodging AG4 Blitzer plus a strip-ball immune ball carrier (the thrower with ST4) make this team having almost no weaknesses.
Five mighty blow’s (they will hit every round as it is on the BOB’s), two dirty players and of course tons of guarders offer a nightmare of greenskins for the opponents.
With 200.000 (dollar?) in their treasury, they can reinforce their team whenever it needs to have that extra power.

Strengths:
  • Classical BOB’s
  • Two good Blitzers

Weaknesses:
  • “Only” one +ST increase

Aperta of Team
This team is similar to Black Axe. Luckily these two teams face in the 1st round, so one of these will be knocked out of the tourney soon.
Where’s is the difference to Black Axe and why should this team be better?
Well, two BOB’s have stand firm, which offers a wide variability of tactics and make cages much more stable. They have +ST on a Blitzer instead of a thrower, which is a small advantage.
And then? The +AG Goblin may do the unlikely – a one turn touchdown.

Strengths:
  • Good Blitzer
  • SF on BOB’s
  • A joker called 6247 stunty

Weaknesses:
  • Low treasury
  • Only one dirty player

Rhazgul's Judgement
The most fearsome Chaos team in this tourney. This team is definitely a hard nut to crack for the Orcs, who will face it in the 1st round.
Rhazgul’s Judgement bring along a claw/rsc Beastman with foul appearance, three claws and of course the typical two dirty players.

Strengths:
  • The 6448 Beastman… you won’t get a two dice blitz on him.
  • The interesting Troll, which could be a pain in the arse.

Weaknesses:
  • Lack of guard! Two guarders could be too less against stand firm Orcs…

Da Spinebustaz
Orc team again *yawn* What does this team has in its portfolio? First of all, this team has complete positionals. Stand firm on the Blitzer’s and frenzy on the Black-Orc Blocker brings in some insecurities near the sidelines for the opponent team.
For quite many reasons, this team belongs not to the favourites. Why? -->

Strengths:
  • High treasury
  • Nice variety of skills
  • Developed BOB’s

Weakenesses:
  • No +ST/AG increases
  • Two goblins with same abilities improve the team rating but don’t add really value to the team… that means this coach has to give handicaps for nothing.
  • Niggling injury on a BOB
Odds for the final victory: 1/8

Deepwood Junkies
The first of two Wood Elf teams of the tourney brings all Woodies should have:
Fast Catchers, furious Wardancers and tons of Blodgers.
In this huge list of skills, you don’t notice the three +ST increases. A ST4 mighty blow linemen will be valuable in a game, where you might get overpowered very soon.
This team can do what it wants whenever it wants.
The only problem: this team cannot survive the Dwarves without injuries. From then (depends on the type of injuries) everything is possible: the final victory or the total collapse in the second round.

Strengths:
  • Tremendous catchers
  • Four +ST increases
  • Strong linemen
  • FF 30!

Weaknesses:
  • Very low treasury
  • Dwarves as first opponent

Big-Bellied Beast-Slayers
The last Dwarves team. It has very low team strength, but nevertheless 30 skills.
Unfortunately it has to face the wood elves directly at the beginning. Normally, this lot would be good for Dwarves, but the Deepwood Junkies aren’t a normal Wood Elf team.
If this team will have huge luck with their armour rolls, they can have use of their strengths, which are:
  • Four dwarves with stand firm
  • Many players who posses guard may help control the movements of the elves a bit (in combination with tackle).
  • Their biggest feature is surely the 7348 blodging Runner… with sure hands he is safe enough against the leapers.
  • Another small strength is the treasury of 160.000. Grim Ironjaw will appear for sure!

Weaknesses:
  • Fan factor 13… whenever the fans mess their influence on the ref or have stones handy, the Dwarves fans won’t affect anything.
  • Two niggling players add an incalculable moment to their game.
  • Furthermore this team misses good receivers for an eventually passing game.

Famous Streakers
At the moment, I cannot see anything famous in this team.
Wait! They have a AG5 Blitzer, that means one excellent ball handler or a super blitzer.
What else does this Orc team has? Morg’n’Thorg and a wizard for one game. That’s good, but against seven blodgers Morg is not all an Orc team needs… .

Strengths:
  • Very good Blitzer
  • Block on Troll
  • Morg for one game

Weaknesses:
  • Low FF
  • One BOB without block
  • Very few tackle and only two times mighty blow

Leafblowers
The second Wood Elf team makes also a fit impression but it is far away from being perfect.
Ok, the Wardancers are skilled out, but having a niggle on a Wardancer would cause me headache.
A ST1 catcher without side step is a funny goal for every lineman and a non-block One-Turner (almost) is an easy target for every mighty blow junkie.
If this team survives the 1st round without injuries and get one or two skills more, it could shape up into a candidate for the final. Anyhow, AV7 is not a friend of mixed tournaments.

Strengths:
  • Multiple +AG increases
  • Dauntless Catcher
  • Developed Wardancers
  • ST7 Treeman impossible to cut down

Weaknesses:
  • Niggle on a Wardancer
  • Only 13 players on roster
  • Lack of important skills on two players (MA10 Catcher and guard Lineman)

Qwuakers
What a pitty that both Chaos Dwarfs teams have to play in the final round against each other… because both have outsider chances to reach the final.

The Qwuakers are in possession of two damn fine Bull Centaur’s, which are mostly the heart of every Chaos Dwarf team.
Dauntless on a Chaos Dwarf is nice against Orcs or Chaos and two dirty players help you try the 2nd foul in a half even if the ref has an eye on you.
A team with two supranormal players but weakly Chaos Dwarfs and unspectacular Hobgoblins is not good – for their coach.

Stengths:
  • Awesome Bull Centaurs
  • Dauntless/mighty blow Chaos Dwarf

Weaknesses:
  • Low FF
  • Only one +ST increase and in additivelyjust five guarders – might be too few

Juggs
Although this team does not possess such strong Bull Centaurs, it can compete with the Qwuakers. Four mighty blowers might compensate the missing dirty player (that’s really a problem for this team).
The only way to grant a win in the 1st round is to secure the AG4 blodge Hobgoblin.
If I was them, I would use my Bull Centaurs for paving the way and try to score with the Hobgoblin, if they don’t do so, they will miss the ST4 power of the Bull Centaurs in front of all Chaos Dwarf express.

Strengths:
  • Lovely Hobgoblin
  • Four guys with mighty blow

Weaknesses:
  • Low FF
  • One unskilled Bull Centaur
  • No dirty player
  • Lack of +ST increases
Odds for the final victory: 1/10

Scharfe Biester
Am I really in the position to write an objective analysis about my own team?
I’ll try: If somebody looks first time on this roster, he will see first the three +ST increases and one guy with a painful claw/mighty blow combo. Once this big impression Wink is worked up, he notices the three niggling injuries on at least two important players. With a 50% chance, one of them will miss in a game.
TR 294? One guy soaks up all the mvp’s… that’s good for the opponent.
If this team can hurt soon the key players of the opponent, it might achieve big things – if not, it will suffer to their own immobility.

Strengths:
  • Good FF
  • Block on Big Guy
  • Combo-lite beastman
  • Three +ST increases

Weaknesses:
  • No +AG increase
  • Three niggling injuries
  • Only two tacklers

Glitz Gitz
The weakest Orc team of all.
A Black Orc Blocker without block is a gift for every other ST4 player WITH block.
Their strengths are not clearly to define. Feard frenzy BOB’s and a stand firm strip ball Blitzer looks fine, but what does that help if you have no +ST on any player and have guard on only the ST3 Blitzers?
The most clearly advantages are the two dirty players.
This team will have to rely on their AV rolls to compete against stronger teams (yes, there are stronger teams than these Orcs).

Strengths:
  • Frenzy BOB’s +
  • two stand firms means sideline king
  • Two dirty players (is this still an advantage, if both throwers are gone bec. of the ref?)

Weaknesses:
  • One BOB without block
  • Small roster (without the goblin)
  • No +ST and therefore too few guard

If I have to name a winner, I'd say: Orkische DIsziplin.
Splatter

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2006 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good job with the overview Dominik!

I will prove you wrong at 20:00 fumbbl time on thursday... Wink
Dalibor

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to be honest Dominik, I don't think that I have higher chances for winning this tourney than Splatter. And it is just because I wont have a lot of chances to win the first match.
Here are my reasons:
1.) He is a lot better coach + I play my first FUMBBL tourney
2.) His BCs are really overclassing mines and his DPs can ruin my team without a problem
3.) I am not gonna spend money for this match, since I wouldnt have any chance in the next match against a bashy team without Hthark.

Of course I have some advantages over his team and they are:
1.) Developed all CDs - most important
2.) Mino over Troll
3.) "Lovely" hobgoblin

I think my only chance in this match is to recieve first and have some luck on the AV/Inj rolls early on, so he couldnt use his DPs well and I can outnumber him. Otherwise I think my team will be beaten before the first half ends.

Anyway - I will try to win, of course and I hope there will be a lot of specs to see the courage of my team Laughing
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2006 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

After the outcome of my first round match I now predict that my next opponent will win the tournament.

Playing vs 10 woodies, without a tree, without a dp, is such a nice recovery game to have in the second round of a tournament that it will give a nice advantage to the team that beats me. Injuries are unlikely, no need to spend cash on wizards or stars.....

Quite the ideal match-up.