61 coaches online • Server time: 15:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill to take on third double?
claw
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
block
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
big hand
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
razor sharp claws
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
dirty player
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
other, specify below
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

We arrived at our third double skill roll on our nurgling squad.

We already have a big hand (+ST) and a dirty player. I was thinking about a claw or block guy for the blitz.

What do you think?

The team

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle, works wonders with DT. can cause quite a bit of charnage.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds nice point indeed. But since nurglings rely on blocking like dwarfe teams so claw or block seem quite usefull.

Dirty players is always nice but since I already have one I rather feel the need to diversify. The big hand +ST guy is quite solid on the ball handling. So that leaves room for a blitzing guy.

Still tackle, diving tackle is a very sound combo for stunty league. I think I am convinced.

What is your experience?

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

this little eshin http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2574889 he has made it hell for a lot of stunties trying to get away. also with tackle it means that when you block theres a 1 in 3 chance his going down. True part of the chance you will go down as well but the way i see it go tackle first to negate dodge then go block the next time you get it.

Heres the rest of the team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=221345

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Though Claw or Block seemed really tempting a Tackle guy as safety is really great, certainly when he gains Diving Tackle too.

On offense he still can be a good blitzer because tackle increases succes-rate to 1/3. Too bad it doesn't lower the failure rate like block but in a stunty league Tackle is a pain in the ass and a rare thing. I was thinking on taking tackle ony on second skill doubles but it still leaves enough possibility open to make a blitzer from him.

And the mutations: ah well Claw and RSC only works if you make a succelfull block. I believe it is more usefull to increase the chance on succelfull block first. Though Claw is still really tempting, it would help al lot vs Gnomes, as the are the one Stunty race that refuses most to leave the pitch. In my opinion Claw will be my next double.

Thanx for the votes, Tackle it is, something I didn't think of and it is sure a promising combo with DT.

Jump to: