37 coaches online • Server time: 02:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the best way to use kick for flings? Kick it short so the little guys don't have to run so far, or kick it deep so I have time to dust up the opponent's LOS before the ball gets there? Any other suggestions?
Superstar

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say it matters little, Deep would be for a TTM steal attempt. Short to get as many players as possible around the ball quickly... That sounds less smart then the deep kick followed by a TTM attempt. Depends on team you play of course. I am not a succesfull halfling coach though. I would put it in the middle myself, or far from their sure hands guys, hoping they will lose a reroll picking it up.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have lots of SS/DT flings, kicking it short can be a real PITA for the other guy once you swarm it or the ball carrier with sticky little flings.
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people tend to use quite frontloaded formations with only a single backfielder. I would definatly try to keep deep and make a TTM steal in most games. If someone counteracts this with additional backfielders would I just go back to the normal short kick which generally is better.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

have no idea, I would take DP and not kick

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, kick is fine on any team. It's hard to get it for flings since they need a double, but they can put pressure on the opposition.
I took kick for my "thrower" Fobo Weedmuffin from the Daisycutters, who already got hail mary pass on his 1st double.

mymLaban

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

aye dp would work
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course DP would work, but I have other ideas in mind than to just foul at every opportunity. I do plan some DP later, if/when I get that many doubles. This being an open league, I don't have to be in any great hurry to get DP.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the deep kick, though short kicks are great on a blitz.

Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2006 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

have no idea, I would take DP and not kick

yep. Or even Piling on. Piling on halflings must be really scary. Smile
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2006 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick in a fling team is a fine idea, if you plan on Kicking opponent players when they're down Wink

Taking kick over a block, dirty playter, tackle [ god forbid stat increase Wink ] does not sound like a good idea to me, altho i have to admit i don't play stunty. But i can tell you that blodge stunty ballcarrier is a nightmare to deal with Wink, you need some tackle/strip ball to get the ball back, and DP is essential to deal with tackle+mb dudes that will kill off entire fling team Wink

Kick can come later, when i have a DP or three Smile , a block or two, and one tackler/strip baller. [ i would go for tackle, as it gets nasty with diving tackle if that fling survies a couple more games].

And yeah, kickin deep is definetly a better option i think - lots and lots of coaches will put entire team high [near LOS] in order to get in bashing range of stunties, hoping to set up 3dice blitz and marking a lot of flings, and leave only 1 player in the back to handle the ball.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2006 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Get Pilling On.

It works.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=59673

-Mnemon
 Jump to: