24 coaches online • Server time: 07:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Block or Claw? (hell, or pro)
Block
77%
 77%  [ 122 ]
Claw
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pro
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Unsure but i have something to add
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 158

deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd give him Pro before block or claw. Yes, claw will give him much more in terms of raw casualties, but a "wild animal" without pro is a wasted player space after the first turn on the line of scrimmage most of the time. You might be able to hit harder or more efficiently with block or claw, but without pro, the odds are your rat ogre will end up in a bad position pretty quickly, be it surrounded by tons of enemy players unable to stand up, or stuck on the sidelines waiting for a crowd push.

In these situations, not being able to move on a 1/2 chance is huge, and will often result in a dead rat ogre, - Trust me, minotaurs and rat ogres are among the easiest players in the game to injure. Yes, killing them doesn't really help you much, but boy is it fun Razz

The only other way to actually move the beast is to have it blitz every turn, - which is counter-productive too. It'll get you short term results, and might make that player pretty nice, but will cripple your team in the end. It forces you to use a blitz to avoid losing your big guy rather than using another player to blitz that might be effective.. By giving them pro, you can have a fairly decent chance at moving him, and with prehentisile tail, simply moving him into places where the opponent doesn't want him is probably one of the best uses of a rat ogre.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no doubt Claw will cause more casualties per Block than Block, I just think with the way I tend to play Big Guys, the number of extra blocks I'd throw would be significant enough to make that a moot point if you compare CAS per game.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for all BG - except maybe those with bone head - then pro IMHO
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I d go for block. Since the RO has frenzy and you dont know if someone has a Mulder and Skully day Wink
slanter

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
I have no doubt Claw will cause more casualties per Block than Block, I just think with the way I tend to play Big Guys, the number of extra blocks I'd throw would be significant enough to make that a moot point if you compare CAS per game.

Agree, if you play it right your BigGuy should be holding a couple of opponents.
Many times (especialy with bonehead/r.stupid) I do nothing just to keep Tzones!
But if you have block on a wild animal there's nothing to fear, 1/36 blocks and
worst case senario you stand at the same place an keep you TZ Cool

The original poster must have a different view on BG's, as he wants them to get spp.
My own could stop adding tr after getting guard for all I care Rolling Eyes

Jump to: