36 coaches online • Server time: 02:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razta

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed I Looooove the CoxmaN
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thesquig wrote:

Was this a spam post...? Wink

I'm not sure but this must be!
Ahmrik

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Red Fish: Just thought his wording was a bit strange since people also play in leagues and whatnot on board

I thought the really HUGE clue would be the part where it Says Grand Tournament. Not League.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, using American Football Tactics, you are MUCH better to line up your "Line Backers" wide on defence to blitz in around the main line A LA Polamalu.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2006 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

this would seem a sensible approach, but for the fact that in american 'football', they stop when the ball carrier is tackled. in bloodbowl, they pick up the ball, kick you and start their own offence.

not to say its completely different, but there are definite differences.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that kicking part though. It's the best blood bowl has to offer.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You can run some NFL tactics quite good on BloodBowl. The problem is that running plays are designed to give you 3-6 yards typically. And then the ball carrier is whacked. It's easy to achieve here. Just set up a good front of linemen, put thrower and blitzers behind the LOS, and few catchers to side. Typical set up.

Now get the ball, whack and bash a hole to your opponents set up, give the ball to blitzer, and run for that 6 squares. And celebrate. You achieved it.

Usually the problems start now. The whole gang of opponents gathers around your ball carrier, and beats him to injury box. Then they take the ball, and try to score.

That is the problem why NFL formations and plays aren't that useful in BloodBowl. Imagine that in NFL you could just take the ball from tackled RB and start offense right away, without stopping the play. It would look sooooo different. And it would require sooooo different tactics.

But you could use ideas of NFL football to adjust your BloodBowl tactics. Usual human lineup on offense looks a bit like the formations they have in NFL. Linemen in front, catchers going on both sides, and blitzers in the middle. Set-hut! Thrower stays back with the ball, and usually few linemen/blitzers gives him some protection. Just like the pocket in NFL. Catchers go forward, producing some pass threat. And linemen start pounding in the middle, trying to make a hole. Now according to what happens with the dice/opponent, on turn2 human coach usually has to decide between run and pass. If catchers are open, or nearly open, they can catch and score. If all catchers are guarded, thrower either stands back (hoping for someone to have a better change to catch on turn 3) or gives the ball to running play.

Doesn't sound THAT much different than football in "real life".

Another "real life" tactic that I'm working on is similar to rugby. It involves few dump off's and AG4. When opponent blocks ball carrier, he dump's it off to another dump off-player. Just tried it with client, you can use multiple dump off's in same turn. I think it'll be pain to develope that kind of team, but it could be fun.