74 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The latter.

People are not interested in divisions that don't effect ranking.

'tis been tried to advertise DivX times and again. People aren't taking the bait, as usual. It's always hard to motivate others to do the not common thing, encountering that all the time. Same with ladder. Same with music, or a little more unusal movies, etc.

-Mnemon
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's too harsh.

Unranked has all kinds of cool leagues and groups whereas Ranked sports interesting tournaments. DivX doesn't do that and is therefore superfluous right now.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the Slann, (reworked) Chaos AllStars, and Brettonian rosters are "experimental" in the sense they are going to be up for consideration for implementation post LRB 5.0, it will probably be a few Rules reviews away mind, oh, and the reworked Amazon roster (Which requires Fend to be coded!)
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It is superflous if you are interested in tournaments, yes. I am not. Neither for wanting to win any nor for having the time and wanting to be tied down by schedules like that. However, most people in ranked don't play because of the tourneys I'd say, and few play unranked outside of tourneys, really, given the amount of teams it has. I'd bet unranked would be kinda empty without the tourney play too, as the only other selling point for people to play seems to be having a number that tells them how good they are Smile. Which is what still makes ranked _the_ division in fumbbl.

-Mnemon
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

But would it make sense testing them under LRB4 rules Brownrob? Sure it might get people interested (which I'd love), but it wouldn't generate useful data, really.

-Mnemon
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

thats exactly the point! Otherwise Id be trying to push the agenda Wink The main data it could provide is how they specific teams do at various levels over lots of games, and any exploitations that may correlate from LRB to PBBL, the MBBL PBEM league has these rosters, but these rosters only have a handful of games each, but Im not sure, JJ is really keen on bringing the Chaos Allstars back into the game (not those ridiculously broken ones), and I for one would be interested to see how they fare in general, over the TR ranges.
pluto670

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

well am afraid this is all abit about my head i am not clued in with many of the abreviations, but how about this (just a random idea dont scream at me if u are a devoute DXer and would wish to kill me for it) but what is most commonly said in fumbbl
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he fouled me in turn 16 waaaaaaaaa he killed my big guy waaaaaaaaaaaaa its unfair i dont like fouling
How about turning it into the pussy league for all the whimps out there who wish to take the blood out of the bowl, or here is the other far more sensible and serious idea:
How about some rules which ok would not be programmed in unless they could be but official DX rules that say for example because of the ageing rule how about teams can not retire anyone unless they have 3 nigs or stat falls, or rank it but in terms of money due to the unique money system

thoughts...?

Jim

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Knowing the Fumbbl crowd that'd raise quite a bit of rage as it ain't LRB compatible. Which is okay. As that is what FUMBBL tries to stand for. The only houseruling exception is stunty, really, and that there are stunty teams in unranked has been brought forward as a "don't want to play there" reason as well already (which is why pact teams where eventually discontinued alltogether).

DivX in itself is quite fine really. It's just that there is no interest in it. To be really sarcastic, we already have a league that is all about please don't kill me and let's play elfbowl (or the ever recurring BLOODbowl from the other side) which is ranked. I don't need another like that Smile. I specifically LIKE unranked and divx because people just are much more ready to just play whatever comes their way.

Any player that get's a niggle (or two) in divx is a liability. That was a rule that's been forgotten to mention so far - you roll for niggles at both the start of the game and at halftime. So even if your niggled players made the first roll they can niggle out for the second half.

-Mnemon
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3329

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Philip1 wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3329

Phillip, did you get an autorization from Christer? Cause a regular player can't start an div X tournamant. You need special rights for that.

And My Forum Boyz are pretty active Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Altered it to just be a group now having read up on the rules. Baaaaah.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i think admin have solved the problem for us
What should we do with our teasm in DX
should they just be moved to Unranked?
jim