47 coaches online • Server time: 14:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been using Hydra for over a year now, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to follow/paste links. Well, now I have, so here's the info for anybody else using Hydra but like me clueless...

To paste a link from a website to HydraIRC, highlight the website address, click ctrl-c, then in the IRC window click ctrl-v.

To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link, you can't simply click on the link, right click, ctrl-c, any of the normal methods. Instead, you first click on "edit" up top, "copy", highlight the material you want copied by click-drag method, and voila. You can then go to an open browser, in the URL section click ctrl-v or right-click-paste. Tada!

For a year I had to manually type in a browser address if I wanted to follow a link to a player/team somebody else was advertising. This method is infinitely faster and more accurate...

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I added this to the User Guide page on HydraIRC: http://fumbbl.com/help:HydraIRCSetup

"To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link," needs clarification - it doesn't make sense as it stands.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link, you can't simply click on the link, right click, ctrl-c, any of the normal methods. Instead, you first click on "edit" up top, "copy", highlight the material you want copied by click-drag method, and voila. You can then go to an open browser, in the URL section click ctrl-v or right-click-paste. Tada!

It works much simplier in my Hydra (version 0.3.151).
I just highlight the link - as soon as I release mouse button the highlight is gone and the highlighted text is copied the clipboard with no my further involvment - and paste (ctrl-v) it into browser.

So what I mean is that one may skip the first two clicks you mentioned. It's simplier, isn't it?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

or you could just get rid of that piece of crap called hydra and pick up mirc Wink

--j

ImageImage
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, but then some of us are cheap bastards not willing to pay money for it...

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you should try X-Chat

To copy into irc is a standart method.
To open a url in IRC, is only right click > open.
To copy from IRC is simple too: only highlight is needed (ctrl c don't give nothing more, but it works neverless)

PS: But Hydra may be good, and if you like it stick with it. Maybe another version, or an extra tip should help you.

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %26, %2006 - %19:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
I've been using Hydra for over a year now, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to follow/paste links. Well, now I have, so here's the info for anybody else using Hydra but like me clueless...

To paste a link from a website to HydraIRC, highlight the website address, click ctrl-c, then in the IRC window click ctrl-v.

For a year I had to manually type in a browser address if I wanted to follow a link to a player/team somebody else was advertising. This method is infinitely faster and more accurate...

Personally I've been using the FUMBBL Java Chat ever since I got here. Here you just double click on a link at it takes you there.

Can't really say I miss any features so I'm not about to do anything resembling work to get a new chat.
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe i have misunderstood what you meant but in the version of hydra i have (HydraIRC v0.3.148) you can use ctrl-c to copy a link from the text window. I just highlight the utl by dragging the cursor over it as normal and press crtl-c while it is highlighted it can then be pasted wherever it's required.

Edit: just tried what MacIke suggested and it works in my version too. Cheers for the tip mac Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

HydraIRC confusion lies here:

- Copying is so easy. Try it without pressing ctrl-c. See how it still works? You just have to highlight some text to copy it.
- double click a url to open in browser. (works for me)
- to paste into hydra use ctrl-v or edit->paste from the menu (there is no right-click menu)
 Jump to: