28 coaches online • Server time: 02:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Panda_

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

He was the best player of the team, and got a nigling while beeing a superagile superstar.

Should i retire him ?

Should i let him play in the beating field to let a him suffer a true ending ?

Or should i retire him quickly ?

By the way, depending on your response, should i buy a gutter or a thrower ? (the gutter is equally good thrower on the start, and the thrower is 3St for Defensive setup purpose)

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him. Go for the top ten lists!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

lol deffo a keeper Smile
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd keep him and buy either another Gutter or a back-up thrower for the games he doesn't show... he's just far too good for that 1 in 6 to let him go on a single niggle... I mean jeez when he shoes he Long Passes on a 2+! ...not to mention the difficulty in sacking a 4 St...
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire him, he takes too much Tr and ur team is unbalanced
Panda_

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Those last 2 comments were exactly what my mind was unable to choice between.

He means his 32 points of TR by himself alone, and that is bad for the rest of the team that are oscillating between 0 and 25 spp.

But on the other hand, with his high agility, i could use him as a backup:
Moving around the LOS durings the firsts turns of a offense, and when the pass is needed i have the opportunity to hand off him the ball for a pass, or for changing the side of the offence.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say it depends on what you want from your games. Personally I'm a great lover of trying to develop superstar players, even if it costs me some lost games.

In the end this guy WILL lose you games, even though he's a great player. Having a star on your team costs you in the sense of TR/TS ratios, which means you will start giving away handicaps. This means that on top of the 1 in 6 games he misses because of this Niggle there is also the risk of Virusses taking him out, or boneheads making him unreliable.

Personally I would keep him, but the sensible thing would be to get rid of him.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you feel like your income is too low, you could look at retiring him and the 119 SPP stormvermin (maybe wait and see whether he makes it past the 126 SPP aging roll Wink

Since you don't seem to be struggling for cash just yet, i'd probably keep him for a while (those super-stars are great fun while they last). You will probably find yourself relying on him a fair bit - try using him to skill up new players (hopefully won't need to use any re-rolls on the passing bit, so a 3+ RR to catch with a lino is probably worth it).

Jump to: