25 coaches online • Server time: 02:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
goffmogg

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks!

I play Nurglings in (S)tunty leeg, and my td diff after 8 games is -9 (2-11).
I do know that nurglings are fun just to watch and play for the sake of it.
But what to do to score and win?

Any suggestions you brave Nurgling coaches...
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I took Big Hand on a double: this makes the pick up a lot easier. But without it I just pick another nurgling who needs only 3SPP for a skill.

Just play a running game with your beast tieing up as many players as possible (and preferable hurt as mant too).

For the rest you need some luck on the pick up rolls and regenerationg rolls.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't pass, or hand over, ever. If you have the ball protect the ball carrier at all costs. Nurglings basically play very similar to Dwarves/Khemri - you don't have high ma or good ball handling skills.

As long as you don't have a big hand guy, put several nurglings close to the ball before trying to pick it up. If it fails it scatters and either is caught by one of the others or at least ends up in at least one tacklezone.

Use your beasts wisely. No other player in stunty can tie down opposing players as well. I.e. if you have "glued" (due to tentacles) a number of stunties to your beasts you limit the options of the opposing coach quite a lot.

Most importantly though ... don't ever lose the ball.

-Mnemon
Ironik

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

basically Nurglings are great fun.
You can risk more then other team because they can regen .... Other team may not have this chanche. So my main aim is to deplete the rank of the enemy team of players. You can even accept pow/skull and hope for the CAS of the other. You are fairly protected by the regen.
I tend to give to the beast of nurgle when possible tackle & pro. they become death machines.

If it works it is something like this
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=995238
if it does not work it is like this (worst case)
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=218871
PS Foul appareance for me does not work well.
Best regards
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fa works on defense (and of course protects your beasts once in a while from blocks).

I never put the Beasts on the LoS on defense. Main objective for them is to get next to the opposing ballcarrier as quickly as possible then. They don't have to blitz them, just get there - so you can easily open up the path by blitzing with your nurglings. Once one of them (or both) is there it is likely the ballcarrier can't escape and handing off/passing is limited due to FA.

Giving break tackle to both my beasts was a quite useful thing to do. Generally they skill up just as any other big guy in stunty.

-Mnemon
Markusen

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Mnemon, the ball is nasty, so are Nurglings.
With ST2 AV7 and Regeneration your players are quite able to do a lot of bashing on the field without getting outnumbered instantly.
The beasts are the key players for sure. They are one of the top big guys you can afford in stunty - high AV and Regeneration as well, but best skill is Tentacles. Try to place them at as many opponent stunties as possible - they have a hard time to dodge away from the beast.
Put one of your slimies at the others big guys or place a nurgling in their way, that they have to dodge or having to make GFI's to get to the importent squares. Don't be scared of other BG's, just make sure they do not get to your ball carrier.
With Nurglings you wanna bash! Hold your players together, don't spread. AG2 -> dodging is for wimps! Block your opponent a lot, take the fight. Foul - you play a dirty team - behave like!!! Make sure that your beasts won't be ganged up and fouled - that can be a desaster. Against more fragile teams you can also take the Skull/Pow when this block was one of your last actions and the Nurgling blocking is not importent to stay where he is.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wise tactic advisor Very Happy

Now I can die Smile

No Mnemon is damn true. I usually transform the game into a bash fest. "Here take my nurglin for your BG. During this time I take many of your for mine Very Happy"

DP is valuable of course. RSC for the beast. Most stunties are low AV anyway. Add to that MB and I prefer +3 on injurys Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2006 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Hand is nice, but until you get one... AG2 teams need to save plenty of rerolls for handling the ball.
If you drop the ball in your backfield and no opponent players are in reach, think about whether you
REALLY NEED to pick up the ball this turn or whether you can save the reroll for more crucial times.

For Beasts in Stunty Leeg (or any ST5 Big Guy vs ST2 linemen), I like Multiple Block better than Break Tackle.
It works well with Tentacles as you can push opposing linemen to the Beast and collect them for a Multiple counter-Block.
On Beasts, RSC is better than Claw in Stunty. On the expendable Nurgs, DP is better (for your team record) than Block.

On defensive kickoffs, the LOS should have 3 nurglings on it. No Beasts, unless the other team can only field half your numbers.

Nurgling teams should Foul more often than they Dodge.
With no TTM and no Passing game, stick to the slow running cage stall-while-you-bash game.
goffmogg

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm

Lots of good tips and ideas here above. The skilltips haven´t been to consider yet, almost never get any skills on nurgs and I give block to beasts first. I think I will try with break tackle on them later on, would be nice with some mobile players.

See y´all in TCM?
goffmogg

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2006 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

So...

Now I got 2nd skill for one of my beasts, doublesix means +ST or forbidden skill or mutation.
What do u guys suggest?
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2006 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I secure the ball first, then tie down players with my beasts, and only at the end try to pick up the ball. The ball is incredibly hard to pick up in my experience. I choose diving tackle amap on nurglings. P.s. don't forget to provide assistance to beasts! I do sometimes Wink
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2006 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+st.

No discussion. Even if you mostly will hit stunties, getting 2dbs on most other big guys without an assist is quite useful.

-Mnemon
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2006 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the strength! its only a 1/36 chance each level up, so take it while you can!

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

+ the fact tentacles is even more effective at str 6 Very Happy. fanatics and pump wagons gets only 1 die... BG needs 2 assists to knock you down. You can multiblock a str3+str2 without assists.....

need more?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2006 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just FYI, remember to keep your nurglings close to your beasts as well. With 2ag, they have a lot of trouble dodging, especially in higher TR when a lot of stunty players have DT and the big guys all have tackle. If you can't get nurglings next to your beasts, you will definitely be at a huge disadvantage. Remember that tentacles does nothing when you have no tackle zone from Really Stupid.

Also, do remember to try and keep those beasts as safe as possible! You might argue that they have good av and regen, but regen is nothing compared to an apoth. And even if the beast regens his death, he's still off the field, and nurglings make terrible stunties, due once again to only having 2ag. No dodging makes getting assists for blocks real tough.
 Jump to: