57 coaches online • Server time: 23:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ixnatifual

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else notice this vampire bug?

Perfect defense
If a perfect defense is rolled on the kick-off table, the vamps on defense act as if a drive was completed, ie. vamps that were OFAB suddenly come back. This can both be an advantage and a disadvantage, depending on whether or not vampires were OFAB.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed the perfect defense bug, but as it would be cheating to put my vamps on the field because of this I don't actually put them out there.

Assiting a Block
LRB pg. 21

1) Must be adjacent to the enemy player involved in the block
2) Must not be in the tackle zone of any player of the opposing team
3) Must be standing

Now the way I see it in your diagram (below) the thrall should get two dice on the block. Since the human lineman doesn't have a tackle zone (due to hypnotic gaze effects) the vampire is therefore NOT actually in a tackle zone and may assist the block as normal. It follows the logic that you must emit a tackle zone to prevent an assist and since the human lineman doesn't have said tackle zone he CANNOT prevent an assist, therefore the vampire CAN assist the block.

Example:
T = Thrall
L = Human Lineman
V = Vampire

Players stand like this

VL
TL

~Nightbird
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe the lineman had gaurd? he can still assist even without a TZ
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm....good question cjohnsto? Not sure if my interpretation is correct or not anyway, just the way I see the situation.

Kinda weird also, What happend to the original question and diagram in the first post regarding the assisst problem with vamps using hypnotic gaze?

~Nightbird
WhiteElephants

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Human Lineman was 'gazed', yes?

Perhaps the original poster mistook it for an automatic effect.
Ixnatifual

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
I've noticed the perfect defense bug, but as it would be cheating to put my vamps on the field because of this I don't actually put them out there.
~Nightbird

NOTE: I removed the assist part because I realized this just after I submitted the post. Didn't realize anyone was reading it Smile

You should always put out your vamps if you get the perfect defense bug, as otherwise you're at a disadvantage.
For instance, imagine all your vamps are out. This means that you're guaranteed to have all vamps on your next drive. But you roll perfect defense, and now they're all back. But you don't put them out. Your next drive you risk that several vamps are out (even though they should all be guaranteed to be in).
 Jump to: