44 coaches online • Server time: 18:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got really attached to this team but they're really brittle. I can't recall ever completing a match without at least 1 SI and less than 8 Players. At the moment I have 2 out including my star blitzer who was fouled into SI as the last action of the last match(not amused).

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=242330

It was nmy first team in ranked and I made a lot of mistakes learning the game (hence L-plates) but I'm now really attached to the players particularly the Catcher Blitzer and Thrower and don't want to give them up.

The disparity between TR and ST is frightening.

I should replace some of the niggles but I only have cash for one lineman which I seem to go through like underwear (I've lost 13 players to date).
Brad

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say let the team go.
6 Niggles means You're pretty much going to have 1 out all the time, and fan factor of 5 means you're not going to be making too much cash in the forseable future, and all the kick offs are going to be against you.

Write it off as a learning experience, re-form the team with a 0 niggle policy, and see how you go.

Welcome to the ups and downs of fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

While a decent FF team could survive were you to simply fire all the nigglers and play under-manned for a while, your low FF pretty much gives you no hope IMHO. Do as Brad suggested.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well If you wanna save the team, you need to cut some star players. It are their SPP that make it difficult to gain cash.
So for starters I would kick the double niggled blitzer, the MNG, niggle Blodge lineman and your -AV Thrower. This would take 46 TR away giving u better opponents and more cash.

After that your über-catcher would have to go. But you can always put your niggles on the LoS and don't apoth them. Like that other players get to do more and gather SPP.

The trick in ranked is to try to keep your team as balanced as possible. Get skills on all players! Thinking about that, you might as well fire your über-catcher right away.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, if you're just going to retire them anyway, why not let them play my Khemri and go out in a blaze of glory?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank's for the feedback.

It seems a shame to retire them they're just coming good (3/1/3 in the last 7 games) and I've learnt a lot with them.

tuco wrote:
Hey, if you're just going to retire them anyway, why not let them play my Khemri and go out in a blaze of glory?

I'll take you up on that match. Will drop my TR a bit first. and you'll probably be playing 8 Elves.

Other than that I think I'll take what I've learnt to other teams and just give these the odd outing for sentimental reasons.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe drop the double blitzer, drop the 2 niggled block lino's and hire a lineman.

This will give you 11 for your next game, with only 2 niggles on the roster.

Then maybe go for the blaze of glory stuff, they might come out the other end shining.
stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It's always possible to continue the team. If you're attached to it, and still enjoy playing with the team then keep going. wiht a team like that though you could always play a few weakened teams to help recover. Find a few decimated wood elf or skaven teams to play.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

keep them. Time will be harsh, but try it. You are not afraid to loose after all?

Fire number 16 and number 4. They totalize 54 in TR. This will drop your TR at 150.

That's a good start. Try to avoid handicap games. play elfbowl team with a weaker roster. Whatever? But NO VIRUS So NO HANDICAPS.

12 players including 2 nigglers.

nigglers goes on LoS. No apo on them. the MB one is the only one that is something worth. Everytime you reach 14 players, sack a niggler.

To stop the TR increase, give spps to linemen up to 16spps at max and most of them to nigglers. This way, when you sack them, you stay in a fairly low TR range. you goal is to navigate at mid TR, where opponents have gained some FF, but not too high where your income will decrease!