35 coaches online • Server time: 10:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bigalybonk

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hi

i have a problem with trying to play a game. i click on play and it keeps bringing up file download of bbowl.php but having downloaded it, when I try to click on it, it says it can't open. My computer 'doesn't know what program created it'.

I think I have downloaded 8.3 and the patch correctly and I think my Java is ok. What am I doing wrong?

bigalybonk
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but I'm too tired, it just ain't making sense to me. I would advise turning off pop-up blockers, and finding someone nice in IRC to walk you through.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

right cllick on the file and click open with than click on choose program than click on browse and go select your javabowl program
bigalybonk

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't locate my Javabowl program which I need to open the file
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

first, you'll need Javabowl version beta 8.5....8.3 will result on your game being invalid.

make sure when you unzip 8.5 that you unzip it to the javabowl folder, not the 8.5 folder that it originated from.

I'm not at my javabowl computer so I can't provide more details other than try the user guide on this link

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index

in particular the "software setup"

good luck, hopefully you'll get past these computer probs and start enjoying the game : )

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded 8.3 AND the patch, was what he'd said, Ark. Wink