51 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Sysiphos wrote:
I have sacked all my nigglers immidiately. All but one... this one... http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2911935

sys, link also the tournament you play in

I am playing in ranked division.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Sysiphos wrote:
I have sacked all my nigglers immidiately. All but one... this one... http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2911935

sys, link also the tournament you play in

I am playing in ranked division.

so as I thought, you're off-topic Wink

The question was about what to do with nigglers in a close format league.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduled leagues tend to be a lot more... ugly than ranked play. If you play elves you can ill afford to fire players unless you have a 14 or 15 man squad. (and even then a blodge/sidestep line-elf with a niggle is a lot better than a rookie). Use the nigglers as line fodder.

The best advice in this thread is on what you should fire (positionals). If your linemen niggles, so what? He's useful in the 5/6 games that he plays and he won't detract from the team other than with the increased tr (which isn't all that bad, if you think about a high tr team tend to be favoured over a low tr team so the handicaps doesn't fill the gap). Positionals is very important though. If your chaos warrior or human blitzer gets a niggle you should usually give him the boot as your team is at a serious disadvantage when that +st/guard player is missing.

If you take a look at my chaos team that plays in the Swedish league I'll give a rundown on my current plans for my nigglers:

The block/guard chaos warrior just aged after the last match. He will be replaced as soon as I can afford it (probably just one match). The niggled claw/mb/tackle chaos warrior is very useful, his niggle gives me constant headache but I don't plan to fire him until I manage to get guard on all my other chaos warriors (and hopefully a clawed beastman). The two beastmen... well in themselves they arent' much of a problem as I can afford them being away now and then but as I have more niggles on the team and a high tr the threat of virus is getting too great so I'm going to get rid of the big hand/kick beastmen when I have developed another kicker (don't use the big hand player much now when I have two ag4 players).

Now this reasoning might sound weird for the ranked player but I value a deep bench a lot. I have three dirty players and I use them until they get ejected. If my bench get worse in a match because of a niggle I might foul less in that match but if I had a blockless reserve I would have to play almost like if he wasn't there.

But to finish of this long blabla-post I'm to give you a more relevant advice: At <200 tr (which you are going to be at for a while) you shouldn't fire a niggler unless it gives you an extra handicap in an important match. In many matches it feels good to have a player you don't care for at the LoS against a khemri team.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Scheduled leagues tend to be a lot more... ugly than ranked play. If you play elves you can ill afford to fire players unless you have a 14 or 15 man squad. (and even then a blodge/sidestep line-elf with a niggle is a lot better than a rookie). Use the nigglers as line fodder.

The best advice in this thread is on what you should fire (positionals). If your linemen niggles, so what? He's useful in the 5/6 games that he plays and he won't detract from the team other than with the increased tr (which isn't all that bad, if you think about a high tr team tend to be favoured over a low tr team so the handicaps doesn't fill the gap). Positionals is very important though. If your chaos warrior or human blitzer gets a niggle you should usually give him the boot as your team is at a serious disadvantage when that +st/guard player is missing.

If you take a look at my chaos team that plays in the Swedish league I'll give a rundown on my current plans for my nigglers:

The block/guard chaos warrior just aged after the last match. He will be replaced as soon as I can afford it (probably just one match). The niggled claw/mb/tackle chaos warrior is very useful, his niggle gives me constant headache but I don't plan to fire him until I manage to get guard on all my other chaos warriors (and hopefully a clawed beastman). The two beastmen... well in themselves they arent' much of a problem as I can afford them being away now and then but as I have more niggles on the team and a high tr the threat of virus is getting too great so I'm going to get rid of the big hand/kick beastmen when I have developed another kicker (don't use the big hand player much now when I have two ag4 players).

Now this reasoning might sound weird for the ranked player but I value a deep bench a lot. I have three dirty players and I use them until they get ejected. If my bench get worse in a match because of a niggle I might foul less in that match but if I had a blockless reserve I would have to play almost like if he wasn't there.

But to finish of this long blabla-post I'm to give you a more relevant advice: At <200 tr (which you are going to be at for a while) you shouldn't fire a niggler unless it gives you an extra handicap in an important match. In many matches it feels good to have a player you don't care for at the LoS against a khemri team.

I agree with the tactical advices tinky gave (normal it's very similar to mine :p ).

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a question...

Do I retire this guy?

The team plays in a closed league.

I'm giving 3 and 4 handicaps to most everyone in the league. Can't decide if he's worth the TR bloat considering Niggle roll+Virus chance.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No you cant retire him! You need him to kill people!