20 coaches online • Server time: 08:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
First skill for Black Orcs
Block
92%
 92%  [ 119 ]
Mighty Blow
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Guard
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 128

nin

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

one fact about scoring with BOBs when the match is in your pocket: SCORE
2-1 vs the flashy elves is victory, but once the pitch is clear you can risk an improbable 2-2 so you can score 3-1 or 3-2 and that's extra SPPs
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that it is better to get block. Sure you can increase the chance of you breaking armour with mighty blow. But with block, you will be putting them on the ground that much more, and I think the increased numbers of rolls will cause more casualties than the +1 to break armour.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

plus block lets you put them in positions with less fear of recrimination, and of course better position = more successful hits = more CAS = more SPPs
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with getting block on a doubles roll is that you really have wasted an effective possible combo down the line, shagga. Stand firm and Guard is a miracle, as is Side Step and Guard. Basically, use the doulbe on the BOB right away. So what if he gets knocked down easier and has more blocks against him or whatever else your defense is. When he *finally* gets to 16 SPPs, you can take guard then and he'd be a menace. By the time he gets to 16 SPPs, the rest of the team will have skilled up enough to support him as he supports them with an irremovable guard. Block can come later on doubles.

That means you.
shagga

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a standfirm, block, MB Bob that lasted all of 4 games I believe with those skills. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=2926379

While they look a great combo on paper, in reality SF can cause big problems. For me I found that the Bob would get doubled up on frequently and my opponent would get several free blocks at him. If you want a stand firm combo then it has to be with dodge for me, guard, dodge, stand firm, block give you less chance of being knocked over and risk free dodges. The following blitzer is one skill shy of that little set...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2974428
Oli_B

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblitzamanger wrote:
The problem with getting block on a doubles roll is that you really have wasted an effective possible combo down the line, shagga. Stand firm and Guard is a miracle, as is Side Step and Guard. Basically, use the doulbe on the BOB right away. So what if he gets knocked down easier and has more blocks against him or whatever else your defense is. When he *finally* gets to 16 SPPs, you can take guard then and he'd be a menace. By the time he gets to 16 SPPs, the rest of the team will have skilled up enough to support him as he supports them with an irremovable guard. Block can come later on doubles.

Oooooo this confuses me. This thread isn't about doubles, it's about whether you should take mighty blow or block or guard or somesuch with the first regular skill roll, the logic being that mighty blow might get the lazy oaf some cas so he skills up faster. No one, to my knowledge suggested taking block on doubles, there's a whole other thread out there on that little conundrum.
You know that bobs have gen and st access so these skills are all available to them as and when right?
But yeah, sure on doubles standfirm or sidestep are great with guard but there is an inability to ignore frenzy for a disturbing number of people....

Edit oops, 'that block can come later on doubles' confused me, bizarrely i thought that shagga was some sort of odd skill combination work like blockle and blodge, with shagga = stand firm and guard or something. Maybe guirm would be better. Laughing

Last edited by Oli_B on %b %21, %2006 - %21:%May; edited 1 time in total
shagga

Post   Posted: May 21, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I may have started the doubles conversation Oli_B by mentioning I took block on a double 5 recently on my orc team.
 Jump to: