41 coaches online • Server time: 03:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill to take?
Nerves of Steel
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Movement
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Guard
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
A Passing Skill..please specify
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other.. please specify
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys sorry to do this.. but I got what I wanted.. and also what I didnt, Im all over the place trying to decide what skill to take. He is my favourite player and is in the main SWL league, having just entered their Hall of Fame. My plan was for passblock nerves and catch... now im doubting myself
This is the player
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2361832

He is the teams thrower, but I have bought a thrower, and it wasnt to be his role forever.

oh yeah got a double 5

Proud Member of the SWL
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ag5 leaping guard rocks!
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i would take mighty blow... to get a 3rd nasty wardancer (which he already is) Wink
Garaygos

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

/agrees with Gary

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

/agree with gary too, leaping ag5 guard does indeed rock

Edit: He'd be very good synergistically with the strip ball dancer, and you could get him in and out of very tight spaces with that skill set

Last edited by Oli_B on %b %22, %2006 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
nin

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

guard rocks... but he'll die quick
what with Dauntless, then Strip Ball
but posibly the most usefull is NoS, with a good thrower it's almost unstopable in ofence, quite handy when you are low on players... ar7
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i say grab him a niggle - i might have to face him next season! Razz

more seriously -- I'd go guard (unless you have several already) - great for cage breaking, especially when you have players with leap to make the blitz -- the ball isn't safe *anywhere* then.

Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to change your opions but i have another ag 5, with a niggle i would prefer to have guard.. this guy is my favourite.Plus i do have a fair bit of guard. This guys role is to leap in pick up the scraps after a blitz and throw the ball for an unlikely td, has won me soo many games, i dont want him standing there waiting for the hit.

Proud Member of the SWL
Iscariot

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go nerves of steel, but then I don't know nuffink you can't prove it was me! ahem, I'm having a paranoid day ...
Slick

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid_Bogscum wrote:
Not to change your opions but i have another ag 5, with a niggle i would prefer to have guard.. this guy is my favourite.Plus i do have a fair bit of guard. This guys role is to leap in pick up the scraps after a blitz and throw the ball for an unlikely td, has won me soo many games, i dont want him standing there waiting for the hit.

Sounds like you already know what you want to use him for, NOS. Do what your intuition tells you brother.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I see 3 good skills for this player. The way you use him is the way a player like that should be used, winning games by moving a loose ball out of an enemy cage. However, he could have a multible purpose with guard too, helping the cagebreaking when needed, and picking up the ball when needed.

You could ignore the double and get him passblock, thats another very good choice for a player like that, as he can still get the ball and throw it away, but now hes an important player in your defensive line too.

Third route is to give him +mv, to make him better at what he does; winning games by doing the impossible with a hard accessible ball. For this +mv is very underrated. It will give you the extra square out of a tacklezone, it will allow you to take an easier route, it will make you reach that unexpectedly fumbbled ball next to the orc thrower, it will limit the dicerolls needed in the action and so on.

NoS is overkill imo, as he is very agile anyway. The times where you cant just make a dodge out of the tacklezones on a 2+ is few, especially if you take the +mv.
Slick

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I recommended NOS, because it seems like what you have in mind. I would also recommend the +mv. It's good stuff. However, if you don't want to take the +mv, I think NOS is the next best choice because it could possibly allow for less rolls of the dice since you could just throw it from wherever you are standing without concern.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I say I want to get him pass block next.. thats why im leaning a bit towards nerves, for the intercept catch and tackle zone play

Proud Member of the SWL
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Safe Throw or NoS would help for the role you describe.