36 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

get the catcher. You'll love having a 3str 8 movement player.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Mnemon wrote:
So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon

never replace anybody but dead and niggled. never ever.

sure...follow this advice...

then i'll keel over, laughing at you, when you have that monstrosity star player on an almost rookie team, killing your team, bloating their TR way beyond a reasonable number, because you refuse to replace players...

there's nothing wrong with replacing players...everyone has their own opinion on how their team moves...maybe that -ma,-ma player is a critical pass blocker....sure keep him around...

or maybe he's a skillless lino, with -ma, -ma....*replace*....

every player is a case-by-case situation....you have to look at a player, and ask 2 questions...

are his positives worth more than his negatives?
is his worth on the team higher than it would be, if he was gone?

once you can answer both of those questions, then you can decide if someone needs to be canned...

it's called team management...you should try it sometime...

--j

ImageImage
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

Only if you've got at least 13 players and money to burn. Otherwise it would be better - imho, ymmv - to have him serve scrimage duty.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Still didn't manage to buy a catcher as I lost some more players along the way.

Now I have 11 again, but lineman #13 age niggled on first skill (and rolled a double). I have 100k so I could afford a catcher. Throw the niggled lineman out and get a new one, or by a catcher, finally?

-Mnemon
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

stop retiring people asdf if it aint dead, keep it!
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
BigMac wrote:
Mnemon wrote:
So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon

never replace anybody but dead and niggled. never ever.

sure...follow this advice...

then i'll keel over, laughing at you, when you have that monstrosity star player on an almost rookie team, killing your team, bloating their TR way beyond a reasonable number, because you refuse to replace players...

there's nothing wrong with replacing players...everyone has their own opinion on how their team moves...maybe that -ma,-ma player is a critical pass blocker....sure keep him around...

every player is a case-by-case situation....you have to look at a player, and ask 2 questions...

are his positives worth more than his negatives?
is his worth on the team higher than it would be, if he was gone?

once you can answer both of those questions, then you can decide if someone needs to be canned...

it's called team management...you should try it sometime...

--j

gosh newbie it hurts.
the guy is battling < 11 players now go troll yourself
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't retire that many. Of 28 past players only 9 have been retired. And generally, I agree with shadow. Niggles are a nuisance.

Question is really if a catcher is worth enough to keep the niggled lineman.

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
I don't retire that many. Of 28 past players only 9 have been retired. And generally, I agree with shadow. Niggles are a nuisance.

Question is really if a catcher is worth enough to keep the niggled lineman.

-Mnemon

mnemon, I must somehow agree with bigmac. Until you are 12, until the guy doesn't boost your TR too much up, keep even the nigglers. Retire only 2*nigglers and nigglers+big SPP count.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If he rolled a double while getting a niggling, give him guard and set him up on the center position of the line of scrimage till he dies. I wouldn't fire players with niggling injuries, unless they have got 2+ of those. Use the money to buy the catchers.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, if low on players I would keep nigglers that are caused by age.
If it is a niggle by SI, fire them right off.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'd agree - guard on the doubles guy and LOS duty to maybe help keep another non niggled guy alive longer...

BFN

Paul
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a note ... they really recovered nicely by now. And while ageing hit loads on low levels so far I've been real lucky at high level. Three of them made it past 76 spp without ageing Smile. Now I only need to get that TS a little closer to the TR again Wink.

-Mnemon
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to put nigglers on the LOS if it dosent interfer to much for tactical reasons , if they die you dont have the same sense of loss Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really get that attached to players that losing some bothers me, anymore. The funny bit is ... while you were posting that he received his second niggling injury, which means I retired him Smile. The bad bit was that that particular match was yet another without winnings so I can't replace right away.

The challenge the team faces now is to get that TS a little closer to their TR :p.

-Mnemon
 Jump to: