39 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

* * * Did you know? There are 16495 active teams in FUMBBL
With all of these teams each one has a separate name which means out of the Infinite names possible 16495 of the ones people thought of first are gone (including my very origional IvanTheCow's Necromantic Team) so i was thinking how about as sort of a either 1 time or annual or even bi-annual thing we can delete old teams from our retired teams list so as these names can be used again. It would be something that would only happen if the coach wanted it to happen and all of the W/L/D stats would remain on the coaches info (although any Top so and so players would have to be either deleted or go into a hall of fame sort of state where there wouldnt be a link to there old team just its name) I for one would just like to be able to use some of my old team names again for teams that i had to retire after 1 or 2 games.
Just My 2Cents
IvanTheCow
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just remake the team as "Ivan the Cow's Necromantic Team", for example?

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you couldn't do that for all teams Wombat. Like say.. 'Brilliant Insanity'. You could perhaps change the wording a little, but then it would be obvious that it was used before.

That's not to say I agree with Ivan though. I don't, I think it's fine the way it is. Sometimes I vaguely think about having a previous team name I retired, but there are endless team names and combinations unused still so.. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, they can't do that because all the teams are interlinked. All your match reports link to all teams you've played. Those teams like to teams they've played and so on that most teams in a given division are interconnected. Deleting old teams leads to a lot of dead links and hassle.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So why not make it so that when a team is retired their name automatically changes to BLAH (R) then that name is still open, and it won't change a thing to the game results links because they are linked to team #s not team names.
Jezlad

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why fix something that isn't broken? Think of a new name go for Ivanthecowshaggers Necrophiliac Team. Be imaginative!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been said many times before, teams will NOT be deleted.. the reasons for this are explained in older threads, please use the search function of the forum to find them..

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
So why not make it so that when a team is retired their name automatically changes to BLAH (R) then that name is still open, and it won't change a thing to the game results links because they are linked to team #s not team names.

Because that screws up the whole objective of long term persistant stats. I might want to go back and see how I did against Cool Team X, but then I go looking and it's not there, or the name has changed and I can't find it.

There is no shortage of good names. If you have a team who's name you really like, and it has a bad first couple of games, consider the fact that you will lose the name if you give up and retire them as another motivation to actually stick it out.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: